real time web analytics
Report - - Redmires Reservoir Waterworks - November 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Redmires Reservoir Waterworks - November 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's been a while since I shot any photography at all and even longer since I did any urban exploration around an abandoned location. So this morning in the thick fog I decided to take a trip to Redmires Reservoir and the abandoned waterworks I'd spotted on an urbexer's website.

I wasn't sure if this place was still accessible since the last report I could find dated back to June of 2022. Nearly 6 months later it was a gamble on my part whether I could actually get in to this place.

I parked as close as I could get, navigated down a foggy track, through woodland, over a dry stone wall and there it was.

As you enter the waterworks building, this is the scene. When I spot a random chair, I like to re-arrange it so it's part of the composition.

Redmires1-rfs.jpg

As I bumbled down the slippy bank from the path, this was apparently the entrance.

Redmires9.jpg

I soon realised there was an easier way in. I'm built for comfort and not for speed and I'm all for not having to climb up or down slippy stuff!

Redmires11.jpg

It seems a recent visitor to Redmires was a huge fan of Liz(z) Truss' nice titties!

Redmires7.jpg

This morning's explore was a moody affair with fog and almost freezing weather. I think I need to return with a model to brighten things up a little!

Redmires2-rfs.jpg

Another view of the long gallery and that chair again.

Redmires3.jpg

The misty conditions this morning made for a dreamy, painterly image.

Redmires5.jpg

It seems a recent visitor thought the NHS is shit. Wierdly around the walls were quite a lot of right wing statements.

Redmires4.jpg

No visit to an abandoned building would be complete without a giant cock and balls painted on a wall or floor somewhere. This was a particularly big one!

Redmires10.jpg

This is the waterworks under a foggy sky.

Redmires6.jpg

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great selection of pics, it's a nice little place isn't it. Shame it's fully stripped now. It would've been great to see it when all the machinery was there. Love the fifth shot with the chair and window!

I entered the grounds via a fairly difficult method the first time I visited aswell haha, the second time I visited I realised that there's basically a public driveway/walkway to it. Oh well, it all adds to the fun doesn't it!

fastchrisuk

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Great selection of pics, it's a nice little place isn't it. Shame it's fully stripped now. It would've been great to see it when all the machinery was there. Love the fifth shot with the chair and window!

I entered the grounds via a fairly difficult method the first time I visited aswell haha, the second time I visited I realised that there's basically a public driveway/walkway to it. Oh well, it all adds to the fun doesn't it!
Thanks, I've only been in the one way so far and down a slippy banking is not my preferred method haha! I've since been back in the dark and lightpainted it but I'm not sure if 28DL is the right place for my light wavy stuff....

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
It would've been great to see it when all the machinery was there.

Enjoy:

Who has read this thread (Total: 145) View details