real time web analytics
Report - - Robert Fletcher's, Greenfield 2008-2023 | Industrial Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Robert Fletcher's, Greenfield 2008-2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
That’s an incredible set of photos, I even like the jaunty 2008 style lol. Reminds me of good times, haha

Not making the trip up years ago when I had the chance will be something I regret. Bloody part time explorer me

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
That’s an incredible set of photos, I even like the jaunty 2008 style lol. Reminds me of good times, haha

Not making the trip up years ago when I had the chance will be something I regret. Bloody part time explorer me

Cheers mate. Yeah the 2008 pics as bad as they are remind me of some good times.

There’s still time, and plenty to see. Get yourself up here. Give me a shout if you.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Good to know cheers mate
Then again I could be wrong about the older buildings being kept, here's an impression of what the site will look like after the development. The current demolition may be just the first phase?

Capture.JPG

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Then again I could be wrong about the older buildings being kept, here's an impression of what the site will look like after the development. The current demolition may be just the first phase?

Capture.JPG

Bloody hell. Yeah that shows the lot being gone. Quite a large site isnt it when you look at it like that.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
I have a feeling its more of a scrap grab at this stage. Doesn't seem to be very organised. Lots of asbestos floating around the site and no effort to remove any yet which seems a bit strange. Then again ive seen some pretty hap hazard demo of places before so who knows... Someone post something on Facebook about the land being contaminated and it will be there for decades to come im sure.

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
all the main doors to the older section have been closed up, which you wouldn’t bother doing if your taking the whole thing down, seems more like a partial demo….but not sure what the point of that is?

0161Dan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great coverage!

Is the workshop accessible these days? I walked around it a few times and couldn’t spot a way inside.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
all the main doors to the older section have been closed up, which you wouldn’t bother doing if your taking the whole thing down, seems more like a partial demo….but not sure what the point of that is?

Clearing part or all of the land can make it a more enticing prospect for any developers who are interested as they won't have to spend as much on their own demolition or clearance works - plus it provides a handy pay day for the owners in scrap.

Bazza74

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Clearing part or all of the land can make it a more enticing prospect for any developers who are interested as they won't have to spend as much on their own demolition or clearance works - plus it provides a handy pay day for the owners in scrap.
Good point, must’ve been some scrap value in that new machinery they pulled out. Plus I remember all the containers going about a year ago….there was a big shortage of containers after covid so I guess that would’ve made money too.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
The turbine hall has been cleared of all the scrap too. Its no coincidence.

Incidentally has anyone done the rest of the big building with the Landover?

Who has read this thread (Total: 158) View details