real time web analytics
General - - Silverlands orphanage | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - Silverlands orphanage

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Explorer Returns

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello everyone, just thought I would let everyone know, Silverlands is now a building site, the entire building is covered in scaffolding and is currently being fixed and restored. It’s a good job too as the place was falling apart quick. Staircase is being removed to be fixed, polished and placed back in its place again.

got sent this picture by a friend, not sure who took it but here you go if any of you wanted to see proof.

The Explorer Returns

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That's fantastic news, so lucky it didn't succumb to a mysterious fire in the year or so it was wide open to anyone.
Yeah now than you mention it, I’m surprised it wasn’t torched as many others were. I don’t think it would have been able to be saved after another winter so I look forward to seeing what it looks like after the work is done.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
The money they must have spent on security over the years almost seems a little pointless now, looking at the state it has become, but I guess that's what saved it from a fire. With the exception of that one period when it was left, security were pretty on the ball here, certainly enough to keep the local kids out for most of the years it was abandoned.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The money they must have spent on security over the years almost seems a little pointless now, looking at the state it has become, but I guess that's what saved it from a fire. With the exception of that one period when it was left, security were pretty on the ball here, certainly enough to keep the local kids out for most of the years it was abandoned.

Really, I must of hit "that period" as it was just about the easiest place Iv ever done!
Cant believe they are restoring it though, its a massive project!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Really, I must of hit "that period" as it was just about the easiest place Iv ever done!
Cant believe they are restoring it though, its a massive project!

Security buggered off totally early last year. It used to be a mission to get into it undetected and had a crazy butch lesbian guard.

Ironically enough it'll be the second time it's been restored as it was totally renovated a few years after it closed on the assumption that it was going to become the rehab centre which never happened.

The Explorer Returns

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Security buggered off totally early last year. It used to be a mission to get into it undetected and had a crazy butch lesbian guard.

Ironically enough it'll be the second time it's been restored as it was totally renovated a few years after it closed on the assumption that it was going to become the rehab centre which never happened.
I never knew that mate thank you for sharing, so it was made to look brand new again for only to sit there and decay for the next 17 years or so. Madness

Who has read this thread (Total: 175) View details