real time web analytics
Report - - Simpson School Sunderland Jan 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Simpson School Sunderland Jan 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jaybinzy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So this is my first post on here and this was a spur of the moment visit as we were passing so all photos were took with a mobile and at night.
We were in the building about 30 when we realised there was some sort of beeping coming from one of the rooms so think the building does have some sort of alarm.
I could only find the following information about the school.
It opened 1 May 1905 as Deptford Terrace Council School, Junior Department, later Deptford Terrace Junior Mixed School. It closed 26 March 1929 and a new school opened on the same site, on 1 April 1929 - Simpson Street Council School, Junior Boys Department. On 11 January 1943 the school amalgamated with the Girls Department to form Simpson Street Council School, Junior Mixed Department, later redesignated a County Primary School, Junior Mixed Department. On 1 January 1958 this school merged with the Infants Department. The school closed 21 July 1967. It was then occasionally used by art students until it closed.

Screenshot_20200113-211555_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-211526_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-211516_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-211456_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-211440_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-211539_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200113-212432_Gallery.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Not a bad first report, could do with maybe a few more pics, however best advice I can offer for now is focus a bit more on the more interesting content and what might interest others picture wise at places you visit :thumb

motoguzzi

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is on fire right now, how convenient, they knocked down all the buildings around it to build the new road but they couldn’t knock this one down as it’s listed.

Jaybinzy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is on fire right now, how convenient, they knocked down all the buildings around it to build the new road but they couldn’t knock this one down as it’s listed.

Ahh no, yeah thats too convenient. Someone did message me asking how to get in like last week, they had only been a member for 5 mins aswell, told them was sealed and alarmed and was cameras up

MarkusCP87

Undiscovered locations in the UK
28DL Full Member
What an absolute joke!!! Theyll do anything to get rid to make way for roads or houses...

elomio

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tried this site today, seems to now be located in the middle of some roadworks project. Couldn't find access to the actual building itself as it all seemed pretty well sealed and locked up. No cameras or anything visible on the outside and the building looks pretty forgotten about. How did you manage to get in?

Robster77

28DL Member
28DL Member
Tried this site today, seems to now be located in the middle of some roadworks project. Couldn't find access to the actual building itself as it all seemed pretty well sealed and locked up. No cameras or anything visible on the outside and the building looks pretty forgotten about. How did you manage to get in?
Been down today you can get to it, but don't think it will be safe after fire and been down a few times and within 5 minutes there's a guy turn up with a dog

Last edited by a moderator:

Sland100

28DL Member
28DL Member
Ahh no, yeah thats too convenient. Someone did message me asking how to get in like last week, they had only been a member for 5 mins aswell, told them was sealed and alarmed and was cameras up
Why do that to some one wanting to experience what you have been on 5 mins or not was going to ask my self but nice to people lie to each other on here and try keep it to them selfs who’s been on longer than 5 mins lol great community

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Why do that to some one wanting to experience what you have been on 5 mins or not was going to ask my self but nice to people lie to each other on here and try keep it to them selfs who’s been on longer than 5 mins lol great community

Because the person asking the question could have been anyone, they may have been a genuine explorer but they may have been someone wanting to smash it up, set it on fire, who knows.

Who has read this thread (Total: 368) View details