real time web analytics
Report - - Small expedition to the Camden Rathole - London | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Small expedition to the Camden Rathole - London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WateryLemon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my first report, so please leave any tips in the comments :thumb
Me and my friends plan on doing a full exploration of the Camden Rathole is a few weeks, however this was just to find a reliable entrance in and out, and a small investigation to see what’s inside.

before our adventure, we were scrounging through the internet for entrance locations to this place after seeing a thread a few weeks ago. We found pictures of the entrance but no details sadly. But this would not discourage us. We spent the next couple of days searching on satellite and street view until we found an apartment complex in the background of a photo that matched the one, we found on google maps. We found it. the next day, we set off, only to find that it had been sealed shut with no way of getting in without cutting through, so we walked around, defeated once more. Until we walked to the bridge where we saw a path that led onto the train tracks.
!!!WARNING!!! DO NOT GO ON ACTIVE TRAIN TRACKS, THE CHANCE OF DEATH IS HIGH
the ones we went on where decommission and old. We climbed over a couple fences
we also had to hide from a couple construction workers and employees. There was also something called a PID trespass detector which made us jump, but luckily, we had our faces covered so we think it didn’t get a good view of us, but we continued. Until we were on the old tracks.
1) tracks.jpg

From then it was a beautiful short walk until the entrance. But once again it was properly barricaded. But after a little bit of climbing, jumping and a lot of luck we were over. However, there was a lot of sharp, rusty metal and we only had 2 pairs of gloves, so we had to make our friend wait on the other side.
2) blocked entrance.jpg
3) Entrance to the hole.jpg

After less than 100m, the light couldn’t reach us anymore and we were in darkness. This was meant to be a scouting trip, but we got carried away. And since we didn’t come with good cameras or lights, the photos I have are blurry.
4) poorly lit tracks.jpg

5) ominous Jezza.jpg

(Just to show how dark it is)
6) happy jj.jpg

(yay there's me)
But nevertheless, this was a great experience. I will post a new thread soon with much improved pictures. If there is anything in specific, you want pictures of please ask ;D

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Access to the up empty carriage tunnel should NOT be done via the WCML. Imo you very lucky not to get caught considering this looks like day light hours. I would not recommend going back this way to get more pics as the BTP will bend you over and lube you up and ram it in till you can't walk if you get caught. Fact.

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
I did some work at Euston when they were adjusting the track. I did have a look down it once but didn't go very far, I had the luxury of a all lines being blocked though. Theres also a staircase on the otherside which leads down to the old winding tunnels from when trains were rope hauled out of Euston. It was all lit up but I soon chickened out of it.

Jack430T

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good start, as mentioned, you really don't want to access the Rathole that way, especially venturing close to live rail. Its worth looking for the other access points and avoid getting buggered by the BTP.

alex17595

Down t'pit
Regular User
We caught a guy walking down the tracks once, he must have had a fair few pints as well. No trains running at the time but the third rail was live and he had managed to cross it at least once.

WateryLemon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Access to the up empty carriage tunnel should NOT be done via the WCML. Imo you very lucky not to get caught considering this looks like day light hours. I would not recommend going back this way to get more pics as the BTP will bend you over and lube you up and ram it in till you can't walk if you get caught. Fact.
thanks, i will look around for another entrance next time :thumb

WateryLemon

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good start, as mentioned, you really don't want to access the Rathole that way, especially venturing close to live rail. Its worth looking for the other access points and avoid getting buggered by the BTP.
thanks, i will look around for another entrance next time :thumb

VultureEyes

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hello, I went with WateryLemon on this journey and am pictured in the penultimate image. Image proof attached.
We would like to return soon for a proper expedition and explore the entire tunnel. We used a rather predictable entrance the first time. We travelled about two thirds of the way down until we reached the ladder shaft. I then climbed it, hoping to surface, mark the location on the map and leave. Unfortunately the bars at the top of the ladder shaft were locked, preventing our exit. Using GPS we were able to find a location for the human entrance that both looks like the right kind of place as well as being right on top of our predicted path. We have not yet visited it. I assume there are locks not only on the entrance to the shaft but also the entrance to the rooms that lead to it. This is obviously a much safer way to access both in terms of bodily harm and being caught by the dreaded BTP. I was wondering what your advice would be for entry. It is worth mentioning that there was a PID armadillo that saw us enter through the UECT entrance, but we were all wearing masks. That said would it have alerted cops we were there? You seem to be a very knowledgeable source and any help would be appreciated. We're just some kids looking for some fun. Thanks.

Attachments

• WateryLemon - VultureEyes camden rathole.jpg
    WateryLemon - VultureEyes camden rathole.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Jack430T

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Locations get opened and sealed all the time. Sometimes you've just got to cut your losses, and keep an eye out if anything changes.
Id be careful putting on a public forum that you may 'break property' or be 'using tools' to gain access though, you never know who's reading this... :thumb

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Hello, I went with WateryLemon on this journey and am pictured in the penultimate image. Image proof attached.

You would do well to edit this post and remove all the incriminating details. Imo the Camden Catta's are not worth the risk if you get done for breaking and entering. Just a boring series of empty short tunnels.

VultureEyes

28DL Member
28DL Member
You would do well to edit this post and remove all the incriminating details. Imo the Camden Catta's are not worth the risk if you get done for breaking and entering. Just a boring series of empty short tunnels.
Understood, thanks for the advice. Post has been edited.

VultureEyes

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yup I'm a dumbass, thanks for the adivce post has been changed.

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
... you never know who's reading this... :thumb
It's a 100% certainty this site is read by BTP, The Coal Authority and staff from many-many other orgs whose job it is to keep people from exploring their sites. Anything you say may be taken down and used against other explorers.

Who has read this thread (Total: 474) View details