real time web analytics
Report - - Snape wood mine, wadhurst feb 17 | Mines and Quarries | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Snape wood mine, wadhurst feb 17

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
ahh the "Derbyshire Key" system that many cavers like, VERY interesting thanks... hope it's still the same

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
ahh the "Derbyshire Key" system that many cavers like, VERY interesting thanks... hope it's still the same
im going back a good few years now, but people kept leaving the bolt off, and it was mentioned about just locking it. lets face it, a padlock in this area stands no chance

monk

mature
28DL Full Member

It's not unfortunately, it's padlocked, without saying to much it was opended up in such away that the padlock could be bypassed, but that has now changed.

VirtualExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looks like it is on land owned by the Woodland Trust who are probably very aware of the mine and if people have been going down there unofficially. Ill assume it isnt going to be easy to access it without doing something outside the realms of what I would normally do on an Urbex trip so will save myself the journey - would be great to visit a mine like this, not many like it in the region.

CantClimbTom

Enthusiastic Idiot and prolific BS talker
28DL Full Member
It may still be worth a trip if someone is local enough if they can locate the mine on the East side of the railway tracks. For me in ideal traffic (empty M25) it's about 90 minutes each way so it's on my things to do list but not the very top, so may be a while... But I'll get there some time. The access sounds restricted. I'm not going to discuss anything undiscussable but I might think about it, just hypothetically/fantasy you understand

Millsy2019

History-hunters uk
28DL Full Member
Snape mine is accessible on both side of the railway I've done the both this year the 2nd one is flooded right up to just inside the entrance but they are magnificent man made tunnels the 2nd side has a well like the other but has a massive metal lid over with a huge drop the otherside It goes on some as I never got to the well part

Millsy2019

History-hunters uk
28DL Full Member
So the blue tube and ladder side there's no Padlock and hasn't been in the 2 years I've been going the other side is very out the way in private woodland so no walkers ect would know its there unless your looking for it this is 100% guys and am happy to swap both location pins

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
So the blue tube and ladder side there's no Padlock and hasn't been in the 2 years I've been going the other side is very out the way in private woodland so no walkers ect would know its there unless your looking for it this is 100% guys and am happy to swap both location pins
swap for what ? toblerone and a reach around ? :D

Millsy2019

History-hunters uk
28DL Full Member
Well unfortunately I only do underground n military stuff not routing through houses and peoples belongings then whoever looking happy hunting

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
ah its hard to know what you are into as you dont seem to have any reports on the actual forum

Millsy2019

History-hunters uk
28DL Full Member
That would be because I post on my website im not like the rest of these my team members have the Facebook page I don't own social media just my exploring stuff ask monk I'm not some retard tryna screw around in shit mate I get that I don't post my stuff but there's already so many posts up of the same places over and over until I hit something no ones done that will be the day I make my first report

Anyway I am a helping kinda guy this is my report on my website http://www.history-huntersuk.co.uk/back-out-to-the-mine-but-this-time-we-hit-both

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
id rather look at reports on here to be honest mate , than navigate away from a forum designed to host reports.. up to you though i guess, devfeats the point of having a forum if you just share links to your website

Millsy2019

History-hunters uk
28DL Full Member
This is all complicated coz your all fussy has to be correct and in the right place a post is a post and I don't have time for the long way I got 4 kids at home aswell as work and fitting exploring editing ect in man I'm just to busy I have to plan all the stuff my team does ontop of all the rest

Who has read this thread (Total: 415) View details