real time web analytics
General - - St Crispins on Fire | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General - St Crispins on Fire

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Shadow

Industrial Fanatic!
28DL Full Member
So, here is the latest from St. Crispin’s... After 80 fire fighters were called to the scene on August 8th 2014, the police locked down the entire estate creating a one way system whilst monitoring all who came and went. Apparently the entire area is now under close surveillance. Yesterday they arrested three male suspects two ages 23 and one aged 20 with arson – and I thought it was just a load of kids. So anyway on Monday there was a meeting attended by Northamptonshire Police, Northampton Arson Task Force and WN Developments who have owned the site since 2009. The outcome has been to strengthen the perimeter of the fence with razor wire, which they have already started doing, they have also agreed to bring back onsite security. An insider from the police let me know that they are hoping to board up all doorways, windows etc, to prevent unwanted intruders and asbestos dust from being blown into the neighborhood. I visited at some time earlier to see what damage has been caused. Looks like the roof in the affected wing is now non-existent and possibly some floors may be inaccessible now. Many large roof joists are now visibly ruined and it looks like a little harsh weather could make this site extremely dangerous. Once the police heat calms down, I would probably suggest those of you wishing to visit this site to have a crack before it is totally inaccessible. It is such a shame to see this happening, just takes one incident involving a few narrow minded individuals and then the urbex community has to suffer. Anyway, here are some recent pictures. Judge for yourself.
DSC03676_zps343e4b58.jpg

DSC03677_zps9878b58e.jpg

DSC03679_zps1a9fefa4.jpg

The Lone Shadow

fairyclarey

Never stop exploring :)
28DL Full Member
It's such a shame to see it like this :( at least have made some arrests unlike round here they never catch them .

Lucky

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went there recently, the one building on the right is absolutely torched.

Deredoer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Most likly caused by [developus conbusticus]a nasty slimy pest.
That will make way for a new TESCO or Stuff R Us ,its not easy fitting one into a former old asylum.
Rant Rant Rant!
Morning