real time web analytics
Report - - St Crispins water tower- Northants - August 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Crispins water tower- Northants - August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mockney reject

Staff member
The History

Established in 1876 as the Berrywood Asylum, St Crispin's was a large psychiatric hospital on the outskirts of Duston village in Northampton. It closed in 1995 and its grounds and the surrounding area have been slowly redeveloped to include a new psychiatric hospital, residential housing, a large self-contained retirement village, a primary school and a local centre of shops and offices.

The Explore

I visited St Crispin’s with @slayaaa at the end of a loooong day of exploring, pretty much a what else is in this area…. I’m glad we did as it’s a pretty stunning looking building that had fallen into a very sad state of ruin. We pretty much ignored the main buildings and went after the tower. As it may be aware to some of you we both love a climb and especially a water tower. This was the second of the day, the first being the one at Bass Maltings in Sleaford.

After getting up onto the ladder after carefully stepping around the very sketchy floor on the first floor we headed up the ladder. At one point you are plunged into complete darkness for about 30 foot inside a tube, I would recommend at least a head torch if your planning this one as I might as well have had my eyes shut for this part.

Hope you enjoy the few pics I took. The view from the top was amazing!!!

a%201_zpstlfyt1ym.jpg

a%202_zps106nrwws.jpg

a%203_zpscvjqzmgg.jpg

a%204_zpshpmgabu7.jpg

a%205_zpsfikzg5pu.jpg

a%206_zps4m9rfwxd.jpg

a%207_zpsgtndm9tv.jpg

a%208_zpso5ejaxhz.jpg

a%209_zps58t1vzky.jpg

a%2010_zpsilxgen5y.jpg

a%2012_zpspx8bawvn.jpg

a%2013_zpsqpsancfl.jpg

a%2014_zps2yttvdkr.jpg

a%2015_zpsvkcnpaau.jpg

a%2011_zps8wo0gio7.jpg

a%2016_zpsktnhlto4.jpg

Bad monkey face

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The time chamber. No still as it is to this day. Need to go round thought if and when they do start work though