real time web analytics
Report - - St Georges Hospital, Morpeth - March 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Georges Hospital, Morpeth - March 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
St George’s Hospital opened in 1859 as the Northumberland County Pauper Lunatic Asylum. By 1890 the Asylum was renamed the County Mental Hospital, and name St George’s Hospital was adopted in 1937. The hospital closed in stages from 1995 with the last parts closing in 2006, services being relocated into new buildings nearby.

I've wanted to visit here since the first reports of this place popped up with the obligatory angel shots, but I just never seemed to get around to it. Fast forward many years and I finally got around to it, pretty good to be back to some old skool style asylum exploring. In a way the decay over the years has improved the look of some of the interiors, its just the crap tagging everywhere which spoils it somewhat. Visited with mattdonut, Boothy, Krypton, & a non member.

16697032631_1a57dabb9e_c.jpg

16491020257_6f06bbccf3_c.jpg

16491044557_290835481f_c.jpg

16697037241_09126b81e5_c.jpg

16076019274_3b7ae5aa87_c.jpg

16512217319_e44d5c5430_c.jpg

16672355206_fc769d8773_c.jpg

16698328345_7df8f89ec6_c.jpg

16698333795_8e6607f9a2_c.jpg

16075994064_810a61120b_c.jpg

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Smart that is mate, been wanting to do that for time :rolleyes:

Captured it well, fabulous pics and nice report :thumb

pain

28DL Member
28DL Member
Been wanting to get in there for ages anyone know best day and time or is it just sit and wait

bertbanger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
thats awesome, i thought the place was knocked down, isnt the security shit hot tho, how did you manage to get in?

AuntieKnickers

inquisitive historian
28DL Full Member
Been wanting to get in there for ages anyone know best day and time or is it just sit and wait

Welcome to the forum. Feel free to post an introduction in the New Members section. As for your question take the change like these chaps (and many others including myself have) after all its all part of exploring.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
thats awesome, i thought the place was knocked down, isnt the SECURITY shit hot tho, how did you manage to get in?

Secca shit hot? Here? Noooo, not really...

Sloppy as f*ck tbh, just basic evasion skills required oh and hit that fence hard and fast...

Nice shots and report btw! :thumb

bertbanger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
im new to this urban exploring lark, my best exploration so far is Tunstall Manor in Hartlepool but really want to get into this place, however ive heard the "secca" is hot, so was just wondering wots the best tactics for getting in and out unnoticed

mrwhite

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
im new to this urban exploring lark, my best exploration so far is Tunstall Manor in Hartlepool but really want to get into this place, however ive heard the "secca" is hot, so was just wondering wots the best tactics for getting in and out unnoticed

watch a few ninja films, then get your self a ninja costume

Goldie87

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We got in thanks to our matching crew named hoodies and our l33t ninja skills :thumb

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User

I wouldn't usually bother replying to a question like this, but you seem to have caught me in a good mood, and I'm bored so hey, why not pass on a bit of wisdom...

1. Firstly we have what's called the 5 s's which you need to maintain stealth... These are, Sound, Shape, Shine, Silhouette and Shadow... Sound can easily be sorted by using hand signals rather than speech, switching your mobile phone to silent and stepping lightly. Silhouette is a big one, when approaching a structure, never do so in the open, use any available cover such as tree lines, ditches. If you do have to cross an open space, take your time and have a good look around for anyone such as security and if clear get across it as quickly and quietly as is safe to do so!

2. Make a plan, and several back up plans! As they say, fail to plan, plan to fail. Recce the place before hand and get to know access and your route in, check on security's movements and look for any patterns.

3. Have your wits about you, make sure you have either an escape route or hiding place nearby at all times, and make sure your kit's together so you can bug out at speed if security does catch you unawares! (It happens to the best of us, all part of the fun).

4. The most important one, use your common sense! For example if you have to open a window to get in a place, close it behind you! Security patrol these places on a daily basis, they will (Or at least should) notice if anything's changed! If you see any windows stay low as you pass them etc etc.

I could go on, but I won't, let that sink in a bit and if you have any questions/want more info, pm me...

It does work too, I've been exploring for 5 years now (Not long compared to some of the others I know) but it does work, I've not been caught yet! Compromised and occasionally chased yes, but touch wood not caught!

Last edited: