real time web analytics
Report - - St Johns Asylum - April 1st 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Johns Asylum - April 1st 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Shadow

GDMEODC
28DL Full Member
Visited with Raptor Jesus.

St Johns Asylum is located in Bracebridge Heath south of Lincoln in Lincolnshire. It has had many different names in its life such as the 'Bracebridge Heath Asylum' and the 'Lincolnshire County Pauper Lunatic Asylum'

Originally the asylum was known as the Lindsey and Holland Counties and Lincoln and Grimsby District Lunatic Asylum. It was designed by John R Hamilton with the assistance of Thomas Percy in about 1848 for about 250 patients. St Johns was completed and opened its doors in 1852 but was soon enlarged in 1959 and then again in 1866. A Chapel was built in 1869 and could seat 450. The asylum was enlarged again in 1881 and again in 1902 to house approximately 900 patients.

A cemetery and mortuary used to exist somewhere on the site but they have been lost over time. The mortuary was demolished and it is unknown if the cemetery has been built over or sits alone waiting to be rediscovered.

The asylum finally changed its name to St Johns Asylum in 1961. Due to reforms with mental health care St Johns closed in 1989. It was bought by property developers who built houses on half the site. As the main buildings are grade II listed planes have been drawn up to covert the buildings into apartments but this seems to be put on hold.
- St. Johns Asylum - Neolithicsea.co.uk

Heres my first attempt at HDR worth posting, (and only the one I'm sure your grateful to know :p) going for subtly to cover the full tonal range rather then OMGZ EYE MELTING COLOURZ!!!

edit1.jpg

Opinions please? It was just an experiment so I wanted to know what other people think of it.

Back to 'normal' photos!

edit2.jpg

edit3.jpg

edit4.jpg

edit5.jpg

edit6.jpg

edit9.jpg

edit10.jpg

edit11.jpg

Me and Raptor Jesus! :p

edit12.jpg

edit13.jpg