real time web analytics
Report - - St. John's Hospital, Lincolnshire - March & April 2023 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. John's Hospital, Lincolnshire - March & April 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bluespiderman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Few of ours to add from in and around the hall. It really is about the timing with these places isn't it ... after several failed attempts in the past we went Monday and got very lucky whole place to ourselves ... even made use of their shiny porter loo right outside the front entrance hall (toilet roll and fresh smelling hand soap included in the luxury bank holiday package haha)

This place is awesome still though ... one to remember totally love what's left of it even if it's not so much

20230503_093318.jpg

20230503_093245.jpg

20230503_093226.jpg

20230501_055002_copy_2304x1728.jpg

20230501_055036_copy_1728x2304.jpg

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Few of ours to add from in and around the hall. It really is about the timing with these places isn't it ... after several failed attempts in the past we went Monday and got very lucky whole place to ourselves ... even made use of their shiny porter loo right outside the front entrance hall (toilet roll and fresh smelling hand soap included in the luxury bank holiday package haha)

This place is awesome still though ... one to remember totally love what's left of it even if it's not so much

20230503_093318.jpg

20230503_093245.jpg

20230503_093226.jpg

Nice shots cheers for adding! I'm guessing the hall must've been sealed just before I went then rapidly reopened again, or I just missed the hole. Looks a pretty good hall

bluespiderman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice shots cheers for adding! I'm guessing the hall must've been sealed just before I went then rapidly reopened again, or I just missed the hole. Looks a pretty good hall
tbf you got to all the good parts, at least that we found - top report too really well documented and photographed and interesting to read the full story of the re-visits!

we were shocked that the police would still come out to this one when we read your post. genuinely thought they'd stopped development on it and were making it look a bit in use still just to discourage people. but seems they're still on-going just scaled down a lot.

the hall is very bare so you didn't miss much at all there - and seriously just full of pigeons and pigeon shit. I wouldn't go back just for that put it that way - I know what it's like when you have that niggle in the back of your mind thinking you've missed something

the rest of the place though ... still magical

Last edited:

Wastelandr

Regular User
tbf you got to all the good parts, at least that we found - top report too really well documented and photographed and interesting to read the full story of the re-visits!

we were shocked that the police would still come out to this one when we read your post. genuinely thought they'd stopped development on it and were making it look a bit in use still just to discourage people. but seems they're still on-going just scaled down a lot.

the hall is very bare so you didn't miss much at all there - and seriously just full of pigeons and pigeon shit. I wouldn't go back just for that put it that way - I know what it's like when you have that niggle in the back of your mind thinking you've missed something

the rest of the place though ... still magical
Thanks mate, yeah I was surprised they turned up really for what it's worth. We did see a cat walking around on the roof so there's always a chance they were there for that 😂

The hall does look a bit rough with the pigeon poo and the windows being partially boarded but yes not too many about and always nice to see all the main stuff

RXQueen

T-Rex Urbex
28DL Full Member

20230503_093318.jpg

20230503_093245.jpg

20230503_093226.jpg

Ooh scaffolding removed

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Really good comprehensive coverage of what's left. Astounding this place closed 34 years ago and wasn't burned down in all that time, especially when it was an (almost) walk-in in the past!
The nearby pub used to be the asylum's Superintendent's house, by the way.

Wastelandr

Regular User
Really good comprehensive coverage of what's left. Astounding this place closed 34 years ago and wasn't burned down in all that time, especially when it was an (almost) walk-in in the past!
The nearby pub used to be the asylum's Superintendent's house, by the way.
Cheers! There's two pubs nearby, the John Bull which was always the local pub and the other one which must be the superintendent's house turned into a Greene King. I should've had a look inside there but got this pic of the exterior

PXL_20230408_170422567.jpg

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Cheers! There's two pubs nearby, the John Bull which was always the local pub and the other one which must be the superintendent's house turned into a Greene King. I should've had a look inside there but got this pic of the exterior

PXL_20230408_170422567.jpg
That's the one. Not too bad for a work freebie. I think the most I ever got was a notebook and ring binder.

Seffy

Staff member
Extensive report! I had no idea (and am somewhat surprised) that so much was still yet to be redeveloped tbh, so good to have an update.

Who has read this thread (Total: 299) View details