real time web analytics
Report - - St. Johns Lunatic Asylum, Lincoln – Update - Dec 08 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St. Johns Lunatic Asylum, Lincoln – Update - Dec 08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MADMAX

28DL Full Member
I’ve been living on the doorstep of this place for some time now, but as I and others have previously reported it’s been a bit tricky to explore.
Well, it appears that time is a changing at St. Johns.

Firstly the Security team with dogs seem to have gone. I have been monitoring this for a few weeks now and they definitely don’t appear to be on site anymore.
There is some form of onsite security, but it appears to be a bloke who occasionally walks the perimeter.
I’m not saying that it’s a free for all now, just that it seems to back to the way it was a year or two go.

Secondly, work during the day seems to have come to a complete halt again. Some the scaffolding still remains, but with the housing recession in full swing, the project is probably back on tick over only.

Boards were put up recently on the main road advertising the coming development project, but who knows when even stage one (of the apparent three stages) will be complete.

sign.jpg

Quick snap of one of the development signs

Anyway, Sixxfingers and I picked a pleasantly bright day the other week and decided to give this place a thorough going over again and also get some shots using my newish 50mm f1.8 lens.
We also had a night visit recently with some nice results.

I’ve made some effort to try and show at least some stuff that may have not been seen before.
Enjoy

sheilds.jpg

The famous Lincs Shield Corridor – Let’s hope that it gets restored to its former glory

DSC_0188.jpg

Welcome to the Jungle... Mural

corridor.jpg

The Cell doors are gone on the Male side of the Asylum

blocks.jpg

Sixxfingers strikes a pose

enter.jpg

Enter at your own risk ;)

lock.jpg

This Lock on a Cell Door wouldn't hold many people in

DSC_0102-2.jpg

One of the top corridors through broken glass

hall.jpg

The Main Hall as seen through the viewing window under the Stage

spyhole.jpg

An original Spyhole on a Cell Door uncovered by someone ripping off the newer panelling

DSC_0156.jpg

Controls for the Stage lights in the Main Hall

DSC_0194.jpg

A rare Bed Lamp on a Ward wall.

tower1.jpg

Dusk over St Johns Water Tower

grimsby.jpg

The often overlooked Grimsby Docks Mural

The Main Stairs lit with tea tree Candles
candles2.jpg

candles0.jpg

candles1.jpg