Web
Analytics
Report - - St Joseph's Seminary / Jameah Islamiyah School, Mark Cross, Sussex, July 2012 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - St Joseph's Seminary / Jameah Islamiyah School, Mark Cross, Sussex, July 2012



Cracked

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
#1
A massively delayed report - and a bit of a break from exploring due to work commitments, etc. But back to a explores soon and time to get some old reports posted. Anyway, on with the show.

Visited with Weeble. Our visit was cut short as the travellers who currently live on the site were in the building and we were having a tough time avoiding them, so unfortunately we missed a few bits.

History:

The building was designed by Edward Pugin and started out as St Michael’s Orphanage (which opened in 1869). The church was designed by Edward Goldie and was built in 1875. Later it became the Junior Seminary St Joseph's College (1925 to 1970) for training students for the priesthood. It was occupied after 1970 by the Legat School of Ballett & General Education who used the church as a theatre.
Since 1993 it has been owned by a Muslim charity, Jameah Islamiyah, which in 2003 turned part of the building into an independent Muslim school for boys . It was raided due to suspected terrorist activity in 2006, when it had just 9 pupils. Ofsted inspected the school and deemed it to be unsatisfactory and so the DfES closed it in February 2007, although it had no pupils at the time.


Stuff163.jpg


Stuff129.jpg


Stuff143.jpg


Stuff159.jpg


Stuff169.jpg


Stuff173.jpg


Stuff155.jpg


Stuff178-001.jpg


Stuff181.jpg


Stuff183.jpg


Stuff189.jpg
 

Similar threads