real time web analytics
Report - - Stag Brewery, Mortlake - London - February 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Stag Brewery, Mortlake - London - February 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bhg

In Search of Lost Time
Regular User
Stag Brewery was on our radar for some time, and after seeing @zombizza recent thread we went to check it. Daytime recce paid off, site looked promising despite the number of cameras.

1N0A1191_zpsjdibrla2.jpg

Stag Brewery history (wiki):

In the 1840s Charles James Philips and James Wigan acquired Mortlake Brewery, which had existed since the 15th century. In 1889 the brewery was acquired by James Watney & Co., which in 1898 became Watney Combe & Reid after acquiring Messrs. Combe Delafield and Co. and Messrs. Reid and Co. When Watney's Stag Brewery in Victoria, London, was demolished in 1959, the name became officially applied to Mortlake Brewery. Being the last phase of The Boat Race which refers to all the traditional local names, it is still widely referred to as the Mortlake Brewery.
The brewery became part of Scottish Courage, briefly part of Heineken and was then divested to Anheuser-Busch Europe Ltd as it produced the company's Budweiser pale lager. In January 2009, Anheuser-Busch InBev said that the company was proposing to close the Stag Brewery in 2010 as a result of a merger between InBev and Anheuser-Busch. In November 2015, it was announced that the site had been sold for £158m to Reselton – part of Singapore’s City Developments, which also bought the former Teddington Studios. The brewery closed in December 2015. Anheuser-Busch InBev said it would fully vacate the site in 2016 which could see 850 apartments built on the 22-acre location.

Visit.

50845BC3-2356-469F-B88C-162F94A33415.png_zpsbwzptedl.jpg

We started our exploration from the Power House building (number 6 on the plan).

1N0A1110_zpsbgfec9tj.jpg

stag3_zpslwhh6yxx.jpg

stag7_zpsqcokdwja.jpg

stag6_zpsuwvda1it.jpg

stag5_zpsmv6ow76v.jpg

We tried to spend as much time as we could inside, trying to find the connections between different buildings.
We took this pretty looking stairs to end up on the roof of the Power House, right next to the chimneys.

1N0A1115_zpsbh2szovf.jpg

1N0A1131_zpsuo2fbnol.jpg

After spending sometime on the roof, we decided to try Maltings Building (9) next and we found it all locked.

1N0A1127_zps9j0kximk.jpg

1N0A1134_zpsrbu2s1oz.jpg

We also tried Packaging (12), but after being exposed to cameras we moved back to the other side of the brewery.
On the way there we came across this cute Bottle Crusher :)

1N0A1135_zpsd4ajf9gb.jpg

1N0A1137_zps0bhiexel.jpg

Next we sneaked in Finishing Cellar (5). I was amazed how intact everything looked there.

We started from the ground floor.

1N0A1162_zpsmajqlmxo.jpg

1N0A1161_zps7a7lcalq.jpg

1N0A1159_zpshrxtuccy.jpg

1N0A1157_zpsvodalbur.jpg

1N0A1154_zpsjkiwcdj8.jpg

1N0A1143_zps2hmtpdsp.jpg

1N0A1167_zpsy7qzwa6m.jpg

And it got even better as we climbed stairs.

stag10_zpsvk6q3ede.jpg

1N0A1177_zpsy0nzs7vh.jpg

stag13_zpschkb7vfd.jpg

stag11_zpsdz89uh5c.jpg

stag8_zpsdzhgzju5.jpg

1N0A1199_zpsafptaeda.jpg

and looking down

1N0A1203_zps7fgitrpi.jpg

1N0A1198_zpsfofvf8h8.jpg

bhg

In Search of Lost Time
Regular User
In Chip Cellar (4) along with huge water tanks

stag1_zps6scoz8mv.jpg

we found this great maintenance/warehouse unit.

1N0A1223_zpsq7lpniwn.jpg

1N0A1210_zpszdf7dyrr.jpg

1N0A1207_zpsbum7rlwl.jpg

1N0A1212_zps1xp1kfxu.jpg

1N0A1208_zpsppm6plvy.jpg

1N0A1217_zpskehlkl37.jpg

1N0A1221_zpsrox6zuzk.jpg

We also had a quick look inside Brewhouse (3).

We didn't cover the whole site, also didn't take that many photographs as we could, mostly because of lack of light.
Hopefully more people will visit and document the places that we haven't explored.
Thanks Kev for the great time! x
Enjoy!

Last edited:

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
1N0A1135_zpsd4ajf9gb.jpg

Cute you say, wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that bad boy :p

Great thread and interesting looking site, hopefully the rest of it will drop it's drawers at some point :thumb

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Good stuff, i would like to do that maltings building one day. If theres going to be really good stuff i think that's the place.

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
Nice one, extra urbex points for being the first ones in.
Like Speed I would love to see inside the maltings, I guess its time will come.
Good to see there's still shitloads of gear still left in there :thumb

kevin arnold

28DL Member
28DL Full Member
Good stuff, i would like to do that maltings building one day. If theres going to be really good stuff i think that's the place.

it was sealed tight unfortunately. but the place has a lot of potential, we spend there about 3 hours and could have easily spent twice as much. still a lot to explore and the location seems pretty relaxed, i hope we'll see more from here in coming weeks.

same as ram's, it's been on the to do list for so long, it was great to finally tick it off.

Reactions: bhg

soylent green

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely done BHG. Always good to see something new. Looks really cool in there. Must Head in there sometime soon:thumb

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see in here, spoke about this a few nights back to someone but we decided the drive was too far.

Some lovely stuff as always.