real time web analytics
Report - - Staplefield Auxiliary Bunker 01/02/07 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Staplefield Auxiliary Bunker 01/02/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

REEF

Getthegirlkillthebaddies
28DL Full Member
Visited with Jackal and Monk

This was a follow up trip from,
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=7914
This time I had a ladder!

This is the Staplefield unit, which even to this day only 4 of the 7 members names are known, this shows how secret the organisation was. If the Germans invaded during WW2 these units would step into action.
From other photos I have seen, the condition is going down hill, the bunks are decaying and holes are starting to appear in the iron. It looks like natural decay so the chavs haven’t found it yet.
05-1.jpg

04-3.jpg

You enter through a 12foot shaft into what is basically a buried Nissan hut. It is partitioned off with brick walls into three chambers, 2 small storage areas and the large living area, which housed 8 bunks. In an invasion the unit was expected to live here permanently and carry out sabotage missions, the men had a life expectancy of two weeks.
01-2.jpg

03-3.jpg

06-1.jpg

An escape tunnel is built into the rear of the chamber, its 75 foot long,3 feet wide and comes out at the bank of a nearby pond.
02-3.jpg

08.jpg

Jackal trying it out.
Not a big place but very interesting, it still amazes me that we had a resistance in place as the threat of invasion was that strong.

jackal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice shots there REEFPS and thanks for showing us around.
That escape shaft was definitely the icing on the cake for me. I could just imagine going down that on a skateboard as a kid:thumb

2006_0201auxillarybunker0002.jpg

2006_0201auxillarybunker0006.jpg

2006_0201auxillarybunker0007.jpg

2006_0201auxillarybunker0015.jpg

2006_0201auxillarybunker0022.jpg

Prsn

28DL Member
28DL Member
This is amazing, I have come across this as I live very close to it and was looking for close bunkers as the threat of nuclear fall out is high right now as Russia invades Ukraine. Although it may not be the best option, I’m planning on exploring this and taking a look as the history behind this secret auxiliary “scallywag” bunker is very interesting

monk

mature
28DL Full Member
This is amazing, I have come across this as I live very close to it and was looking for close bunkers as the threat of nuclear fall out is high right now as Russia invades Ukraine. Although it may not be the best option, I’m planning on exploring this and taking a look as the history behind this secret auxiliary “scallywag” bunker is very interesting

Would hardly protect you from the rain never mind a nuclear bomb, still cool though :)

muttman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm still not sure why it's called the Staplefield bunker. It's 5miles away!