real time web analytics
The Fate of South Wales' Coal Industry - 2020-2021 | Noteworthy Reports | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

The Fate of South Wales' Coal Industry - 2020-2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is amazing! A lovely selection there! I still need to do Big Pit properly, wasn't open when I droned it. That 2nd washer, is it relatively close to the Llanhilleth Pit Baths? Sort of couple of miles down the same A road and opposite side of the railway tracks? That's the only one I've not been to

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
This is amazing! A lovely selection there! I still need to do Big Pit properly, wasn't open when I droned it. That 2nd washer, is it relatively close to the Llanhilleth Pit Baths? Sort of couple of miles down the same A road and opposite side of the railway tracks? That's the only one I've not been to
Cheers! Big pit's tour into the actual mine is wicked for a freebie so defo do that. Think you're right re the washery, everything is in the same few valleys. Should be findable on Google. Now I need to find more stuff, Navigation colliery was the one that got away.

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cheers! Big pit's tour into the actual mine is wicked for a freebie so defo do that. Think you're right re the washery, everything is in the same few valleys. Should be findable on Google. Now I need to find more stuff, Navigation colliery was the one that got away.
It's free? I'd happily pay! Is it down the shaft or one of the drifts? I remember seeing it on maps when I was looking for either Llanhilleth, or the other washery.

Is Navigation not still doable? Looked okay in December, although it was Christmas day πŸ˜‚ I think it may be in a training company of some sorts hands now, can't remember off the top of my head, it's in my report though. Go in the evening would be my suggestion. And perhaps don't go in the chamber under the Fan House, as it reeked of Hydrogen Sulphide when I was in there.

Wastelandr

Regular User
It's free? I'd happily pay! Is it down the shaft or one of the drifts? I remember seeing it on maps when I was looking for either Llanhilleth, or the other washery.

Is Navigation not still doable? Looked okay in December, although it was Christmas day πŸ˜‚ I think it may be in a training company of some sorts hands now, can't remember off the top of my head, it's in my report though. Go in the evening would be my suggestion. And perhaps don't go in the chamber under the Fan House, as it reeked of Hydrogen Sulphide when I was in there.
It is free but I had to book a slot online, it ran every hour I think. Pretty sure it was down the shaft below the headstock that's there.

Navigation probably is doable, I didn't really get much of a look. I'll have a look, cheers for that!

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It is free but I had to book a slot online, it ran every hour I think. Pretty sure it was down the shaft below the headstock that's there.

Navigation probably is doable, I didn't really get much of a look. I'll have a look, cheers for that!
Ahh fair, the drift might be a display then, just guessing from what I saw with the drone. If it is down the shaft, I'm well up for that, I thoroughly enjoyed the Caphouse Tour, which is a tad deeper than Big Pit

Just follow the footpath behind the site, you can see if anybody is home then as well

Wastelandr

Regular User
Ahh fair, the drift might be a display then, just guessing from what I saw with the drone. If it is down the shaft, I'm well up for that, I thoroughly enjoyed the Caphouse Tour, which is a tad deeper than Big Pit

Just follow the footpath behind the site, you can see if anybody is home then as well
Ah yeah there is also a surface-level mock up of part of the mine which could be the drift, that's part of the main museum you don't need to book. The original shaft is good though, some cool original stuff down there.

Thanks, I think I approached it the wrong way before

Who has read this thread (Total: 267) View details