real time web analytics
Report - - The Jameah Islameah School, Sussex . April 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - The Jameah Islameah School, Sussex . April 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
This was the last stop off on our day, it should have been longer, but a unexpected phone call saying I had to be back home and send a email to the insurance company or face a £400 bill kind of put a stop to the day.

This place was funny as hell.. 5 of us met up and headed straight in.. I decided to climb up a drainpipe as the door was freshly board, and as I un professionally fell through the window and onto the stage I instantly spotted a window on the ground floor for the rest of the party. Upon walking up to it I then spotted a blue vw polo parked at the doors..

We then decided to go for it and after only walking about half way to the stairs in the main building we heard the voices of 3 males directly above us.. So we decided to sod it and head right up to the top.. We did this part and looked out of the window and spotted another 4 cars and a blue builders van, and another 3 people outside, who were by this point pointing in our general direction. Realising now it was not if but when we were going to bump into somebody and with time cutting short we headed for the main corridors, I decided to go and pack my gear up in the theatre and 3 of the group headed for the corridor, after about 30 secs all I could hear was a shouting voice, laughing, running and stomping feet.. I knew what was going on and decided to bail out into the woods with my mates behind me and being greeted by my mates a few secs later having just had a nice run in with a very upset guy who could not speak a lot of english ands warned them off.

History
Jameah Islameah School
was an independent Islamic school in East Sussex. The school was located on a 54 acre site and had residential facilities to house male students aged 11 to 16. The school was independently owned and the proprietor functioned as the principal. In December, 2005, Jameah Islameah was inspected by the Office for Standards in Education which noted that it "does not provide a satisfactory education for its pupils. At the time of the inspection, the school had nine students.

According to BBC News the school purported to teach students to become Islamic leaders, training them to the level high enough to teach in local Masajeds and Madares.

Terrorism arrests
There had been allegations that the school was used in the training and recruitment of terrorists. According to testimony from Al Qaeda suspects held at Guantanamo Bay, in 1997 and 1998, Abu Hamza and groups of around 30 of his followers held terrorist training camps at the school, including training with AK47 rifles and handguns, as well as a mock rocket launcher. In 2003 or 2004, the grounds of the school were used for an Islamic-themed camping trip, at which Omar Bakri Mohammed lectured. The trip, which was advertised by word-of-mouth, was attended by 50 Muslim men, most of whom were members of al-Muhajiroun. Bakri claimed the activities at the camp included lectures on Islam, football, and paintballing.

On 1 September 2006 the Jameah Islameah school was searched by up to a hundred police officers as part of their operations, although no arrests were made. The local Sussex Police held a cordon around the site for 24 days in an operation that cost them over one million pounds. Meanwhile the Metropolitan Police searched the buildings and grounds and the lake.

On the evening of 2 September over 40 police officers entered a south London halal Chinese restaurant called The Bridge to China Town and, after talking to customers for over an hour, arrested twelve on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism. Two further arrests were made elsewhere in London.

By 6 September two men had been released.

Closing
On February 9, 2007, the Department for Education and Skills closed down the school, because it "continues to fail to meet the standards which all independent schools must meet under the Education Act 2002." The school had not been operating at the time, due to lack of students.

Sorry about the lack of images, but you know how it is sometimes, its the laughs we have together that make the memories, but I will pop back soon to see the rest of the place.

_MG_7203-Edit_zpsrsczsfzt.jpg

_MG_7210_zpsdu76fb2g.jpg

_MG_7211_zpsgoe5pyog.jpg

_MG_7212_zpsqovzjec6.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details