real time web analytics
Report - - Tucker Fasteners, Birmingham - March 2014 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tucker Fasteners, Birmingham - March 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

theVillan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeh factory 2 was quite empty and little more than the shop floor hence why there's less photos of it. Such a good explore tho. Need some more like this.
My picture with all the wire is in the same spot as yours in Fac 2.

theVillan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As it suggests we hadn't a lot of work on this particular Friday afternoon, around 2008-09

A quiet Friday afternoon.jpg

theVillan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Another one from the factory 2 area. This was the section i worked & the machines i ran. Optical sorting machines & sorted any scrap or debris from the good work. I took this on my last day at Tuckers, Friday 1st February 2013.

Tuckers (9).jpg

theVillan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
For me this is the biggest single factor why Tucker Fasteners was closed. if you zoom in you can see that the floor had collapsed. This was the main traffic run for fork lifts. The floor collapsed in February 2009, that was two whole years before we were told Stanley Tools were our new owners. We had an arrears issue of about forty million at it's highest. I believe Stanley took a look around the site & said let them get the arrears down THEN SHUT EM. For me it was obvious we were no longer wanted.

Tuckers (11).jpg

theVillan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This was Tuckers Research & Development block It stood for about another 10 months from the rest of the factory, as something was nesting & they were unable to disturb. But it finally bit the dust in October 2015.

Tuckers R & D block 3.jpg