real time web analytics
Urban Exploring Locations In Bristol, United Kingdom | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Urban Exploring Locations In Bristol, United Kingdom

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bristol_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone, i'm new to forums but have discovered this website and just had to get involved! I'm a big inspired urban explorer based in Bristol, UK and wanted to start a thread of where other local urban exploring enthusiasts can come together to share the best locations in the city!

I have been researching abandoned and derelict buildings in Bristol for the past year and have come across quite a few - but never any that have been accessible. The ones that I can list for anyone else in the city are;

The Office Shop - Bath Road, Bristol (Big abandoned warehouse looking building boarded up and very easy to find based on a busy road)

Old Factory, Beside SS Great Britain Car Park - (Another huge facility that is very derelict, apparently there is access but I have personally seen people/squatters going in and out using a ladder to climb over the fence.)

Whitfield Tabernacle Church, Kingswood - (This place I have personally visited and managed to go into the old house that was on the land which is now being redeveloped. The church itself use to be accessible as I seen on other forums but I personally went and the entrance that use to be open had been bricked over. Also a location notorious with drug users so I recommend to avoid at night.)
[/SIZE]
Bank of England, City Center by Bristol Bridge - (This building is my absolute dream to explore it is a huge abandoned bank, however it is based right in the city center meaning it is very well secure. I have never personally tried to access the bank but have read other forums that say it is possible but very difficult and dangerous. It involves getting into the church grounds that are at the back of the building and getting onto the roof - would not recommend)

Clifton Rocks Funicular Railway on the Portway - (This is another amazing location which I would love to explore, it has been done as I have seen on other forums pictures from inside but again I have never actually tried to access the location but imagine it is also very hard/impossible.)

If anyone has been to any of these locations recently and knows of any way to access any of them please let me know! Also if you are Bristol based and explored any other interesting places recently please add it to this thread and share please! I have photos from the church which i will upload soon.

Hope to speak to some of you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Bank of England gets checked regularly, and the court next door. Never had any luck personally. Occupy got in the bank for a while.

Clifton rocks railway, no point trespassing there, just buy a ticket.

The place by the SS Great Britain is on here a few times, I forgot it's name but it's just got planning permission for redevelopment.

bristol_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Bank of England gets checked regularly, and the court next door. Never had any luck personally. Occupy got in the bank for a while.

Clifton rocks railway, no point trespassing there, just buy a ticket.

The place by the SS Great Britain is on here a few times, I forgot it's name but it's just got planning permission for redevelopment.

Awesome thanks for that. Who got in the bank? Do you know if there are any photos from inside also.

Any places worth going that you could recommend

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Awesome thanks for that. Who got in the bank? Do you know if there are any photos from inside also.

Any places worth going that you could recommend

The bank was used as secret cinema a few times. Being a old bank it's quite well secured and also to the right Lloyds still use that part. It's due to be demod one day so just keep eye. The building to the left was actually the old Norwich Union Buildings and just bland 60/70s offices inside.

Bristol Maltings by the SS Great Britain is fucked and not really worth it. If you do go in wear decent foot ware as needles a plenty.

The office shop.. dont waste your time. It's a shell.

Rocks Railway, just go on the tour as the CHWS look after it and the owners have motion sensors even if you could get past the gates.

The best thing to do regarding new sites is to watch anything behind redeveloped or new developments. Also local newspapers websites will quite often have info on places opening, closing etc.

Sure we'll have a Bristol Meet sometime near future keep eyes on general forum

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Actually, Bristol is odd, having two sets of adjacent Bank of England, and Courtrooms. I think you're referring to the old ones.

There's another pair here...

https://goo.gl/maps/Z1nq7aFvR6H2

Yeah that building was Norwich Union offices, never a court:

http://manchesterhistory.net/architecture/1960/NUbristol.html

Magistrates Courts were first at Bridewell (as per my report this year) then moved to the other end of that street by Froomsgate before being relocated again about 5 years ago to other side of Bristol Bridge. Crown Courts have always been on Corn Street. No idea why the need to have three magistrates courts in about 90 years!

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Yeah that building was Norwich Union offices, never a court.

Well I'll be damned. Just googled it - that'll teach me not to look at the coat of arms in detail FFS. Could have sworn it was a court.

Cross that one off the list then.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Well I'll be damned. Just googled it - that'll teach me not to look at the coat of arms in detail FFS. Could have sworn it was a court.

Cross that one off the list then.

Still want the bank mind! Time will come when demo arrives with a bit of luck

bristol_explorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The bank was used as secret cinema a few times. Being a old bank it's quite well secured and also to the right Lloyds still use that part. It's due to be demod one day so just keep eye. The building to the left was actually the old Norwich Union Buildings and just bland 60/70s offices inside.

Bristol Maltings by the SS Great Britain is fucked and not really worth it. If you do go in wear decent foot ware as needles a plenty.

The office shop.. dont waste your time. It's a shell.

Rocks Railway, just go on the tour as the CHWS look after it and the owners have motion sensors even if you could get past the gates.

The best thing to do regarding new sites is to watch anything behind redeveloped or new developments. Also local newspapers websites will quite often have info on places opening, closing etc.

Sure we'll have a Bristol Meet sometime near future keep eyes on general forum

Thanks for this really helpful! Didn't realise the Clifton rocks was open again. Will have to take a trip.

Yes I was talking about the huge bank on the other side of Bristol bridge, didn't know there was any other abandoned bank in the city anyway. Yeah the one in the centre is a vault, that's why I haven't even tried access. I have heard it can't be demolished as it is a grade 1/2 listed building - hence it being an eye sore there for a fair few years.

Also now in the centre there are 2 other big abandoned building by temple meads, they have scaffolding all around them and are side by side by side, but still look like they are being left, anyone know anything about them?

So happy with this response to the feed - very interesting thanks guys.

Would be well up for a meet up in Bristol !

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
An update following this thread - I just found this on a urban explorers website! He managed to gain access to The Bank Of England on Corn Street (by bristol bridge) very recently! Check out the photos - it's in pristine condition! I have contacted him to see how he gained entry. Wicked place!
http://www.whateversleft.co.uk/other/west-england-south-wales-bank-bristol

You will find you have already been talking with the person who runs this website earlier in this very thread ;)

spoonface

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You will find you have already been talking with the person who runs this website earlier in this very thread ;)

should have been more to the point instead of pussy footing around.

An update following this thread - I just found this on a urban explorers website! He managed to gain access to The Bank Of England on Corn Street (by bristol bridge) very recently! Check out the photos - it's in pristine condition! I have contacted him to see how he gained entry. Wicked place!

Did you make it in? Care to share?!

Please

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member

should have been more to the point instead of pussy footing around.

Did you make it in? Care to share?!

Please

The link to my website is in my signature.. it's a pretty good hint.

I didn't get in the Bank of England. That's the Lloyds Bank building opposite St Nicks market. It's now fully converted into a bar/hotel.

Who has read this thread (Total: 266) View details