real time web analytics
Report - - Vehicle Graveyard - Hull - 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Vehicle Graveyard - Hull - 2017

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I'm not usually one for these type of places and I've had these pictures sat on my hard drive for ages, however; I felt a couple of the bits sitting here were different enough and might interest a few people on here.
A local explorer friend found this place while out on his trusty Cub90, a phonecall later and we made our way back in the bugmobile.

I've found zero history on the place despite looking about and I guess thats no surprise really - it's just someones eccentric collection of random machinery. There is a workshop on the site and an old farmhouse. I didnt push too far with these though as it was clear somebody may or may not still reside there. A strange little place this...... a mix of agricultural machinery and history really.... I've tried my best to identify the vehicles as best I can, but I'm no petrol head so any corrections are welcome.

I've no idea what tractor this is - it's old.....

zKLQKnq.jpg

Cy25DK2.jpg

Jkaeszs.jpg

This is a David Brown 1210 - built in Huddersfield at the Meltham Mills Factory between 1971-1976. The David Brown Engineering firm have a pretty interesting history to be honest, pioneering in agricultural machinery and even dabbling in Tank engines.

pLGIWnB.jpg

HEiOKk3.jpg

It should look something like this.....

AF6TlPB.jpg

I suppose no vehicle graveyard is complete without an old Land Rover, I've no idea which model, year etc.....

M1cVdNX.jpg

There was some quite nice retro vans there too

yVgWqz3.jpg

7zQjl9D.jpg

All the old boy racers out there get ready.... we've got ourselves an old Nova, low mileage, fairly tidy. I'll take £2000.

g7YA4T3.jpg

fbKvqEZ.jpg

So while having a snoop at the workshops we noticed a chimney sticking up from the greenery, I'm guessing this is an old Steam tractor, it had a huge tent type canvas thing covering all the gubbins around the back of the engine. Unfortunately it was a tripod lazy day and all the photos were blurry from inside the tent. Some serious engineering though.

wK2USAG.jpg

and a bit of the workshop

neOtBH5.jpg

Walking around the back this beast pops into view

PEYMZMT.jpg

mV38Tmw.jpg

Now correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this is an old Auxiliary Fire Service Green Goddess S-Type.

nBhqjQZ.jpg

Cp05sM8.jpg

lXKvAHC.jpg

Originally would have looked something like this I think

Qv0OXcK.jpg

Thanks for looking.​

Giymo85

Amateur and proud
28DL Full Member
That Bedford truck is giving me shivers, what a machine! Top stuff mate, cheers for sharing.

johnny gomez

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
doing a little trip to Hull in may ...looks like a nice explore can't beat abandoned vehicles

Bertiebassett

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
great report, my brother in law worked building those tractors at David Browns (David Brown went on to buy Aston Martin hence the DB mark) Nice steam roller just waiting to be put back into steam hopefully. The AFS wagon was the same make as a Green Goddess but was a general would have been part of a 'Bikini unit' moving larger items such as cans of foam, hoses and spare pumps etc to large incidents. check it out on google, there are still a few about on the display curcuit.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
quality work mate..

Thanks mate

great report, my brother in law worked building those tractors at David Browns (David Brown went on to buy Aston Martin hence the DB mark) Nice steam roller just waiting to be put back into steam hopefully. The AFS wagon was the same make as a Green Goddess but was a general would have been part of a 'Bikini unit' moving larger items such as cans of foam, hoses and spare pumps etc to large incidents. check it out on google, there are still a few about on the display curcuit.

Thanks for the information I appreciate that. I presumed the AFS truck was used for something along those lines given the timber flatbed section.

That steam roller though! Immaculate underneath the canvas.

Who has read this thread (Total: 340) View details