real time web analytics
Report - - Vern Oaks Pump House - Derbyshire, April 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Vern Oaks Pump House - Derbyshire, April 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Vern Oaks Pump House

Not a massive amount to say about this one but I really liked it! Visited with @dansgas1000

Nestled in some woodland right in the heart of England, this tiny pump was a big surprise!
The building itself is of brick construction with a wooden roof covered in slate, most of which is now inside of the building as its collapsed. Luckily the double ram pump is in good condition. There is also a smaller, more modern pump which was situated just besides the older pump. There is a boiler like item on the outside of the building, I’m assuming this was once inside and part of the steam engine used to drive the ram pumps.

There’s a tiny stream running besides the pump house. The woods it's in also had some beautiful bluebells springing up which made for lovely photographs.

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9811.jpg

IMG_9820.jpg

IMG_9821.jpg

IMG_9819.jpg

IMG_9781.jpg

IMG_9785.jpg

IMG_9789.jpg

The old boiler

IMG_9804.jpg

IMG_9805.jpg

IMG_9823.jpg

IMG_9824.jpg

IMG_9828.jpg

IMG_9830.jpg

IMG_9831.jpg

IMG_9843.jpg

The more modern electric pump

IMG_9845.jpg

IMG_9846.jpg

IMG_9850.jpg

IMG_9858.jpg

A few landscapes because the lighting was nice!

IMG_9861.jpg

IMG_9866.jpg

IMG_9871.jpg

Some groovy fungi growing on a dead tree

IMG_9875.jpg

Canon 80d
10-18mm lens
24mm Prime lens

Last edited:

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Beautiful set. I particularly like photos 1 & 6 and the detail shots of the bluebells and fungi are fantastic! It was a nice visit but I bet you wished you took your wellies in the end :rofl

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Beautiful set. I particularly like photos 1 & 6 and the detail shots of the bluebells and fungi are fantastic! It was a nice visit but I bet you wished you took your wellies in the end :rofl
Wellies were definitely required. At least you didn't fall over at this one

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nature at its best. Love set this. Great images of the workings, these little pump houses fascinate me. Lovely spot. :thumb