real time web analytics
Warning: Just a little rant. | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Warning: Just a little rant.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ScarlettRose

Leave Only Footprints
28DL Full Member
Communicating via a forum is I suppose just like texting someone on a phone, but with a much wider audience in 'an open space'. What one person writes with innocence can easily be read the wrong way and opinions based on this. I think it's the lack of face and personality behind any electronic interface that can create uncertainty. There will always be differences of opinions and it's something we have to accept if we are wiling to engage with a very large amount of forum users. As Speed well mentioned, in the real world, if I walked into a room crammed with people and expected everyone to nod and agree to anything I said, i'd be very wrong. Constructive criticism, although hard to swallow, is much more valuable.

By no means am I writing this to tell you to pull yourself together or toughen up, just my thoughts on how I see things...as I type from a faceless laptop probably many miles away from you, sat on my own, waiting to go home :D

I'm a very low 'poster' ( I really should sort some pics out! ) but in the years I've been here, there is a difference in posting styles and the exploring 'landscape' has changed with this recently. But what I can say is that there are a top bunch of guys and girls around who offer fantastic skills and information, it's just about making those connections.

We've all got our own stories to tell, but the number of laughs I've had with friends in shit filled tunnels, sinking boats and getting naked in old mills (don't laugh) is beyond what money can buy.

There's a local meet for us in March which i'm dreading, better be a tunnel involved! :turd:thumb

Stick around, you'll luurve it as Zappa said.
Naked in a mill? Now I’m intrigued! lol

ScarlettRose

Leave Only Footprints
28DL Full Member
I'd be more than happy for just a report after your initial rant :thumb
Funny enough I was just trying to write mine and now I cant find my memory card with my photos on!! Grrrrrrr!!!!!

That is the only pic i have of the place on my phone. As soon as I find the damn memory card I will have a report up.

Attachments

• IMG_2606.jpg
    IMG_2606.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 30

Rebecca rushton

28DL Member
28DL Member
I’m technically a new member but I was a member back when I was a teenager for a little while on an old account (can’t for the life of me remember what it was or what email address etc).

I have been looking around the forums and also the chat box. Slowly realising there is half the community that’s really nice, helpful and patient and understanding of newer members and those that are finding their feet. Others however half are on the other end of the spectrum. Completely set in their ways, dismissive of others, unhelpful and make comments that make you feel like a completely idiot. New members or people new to exploring don’t need that kind of attitude. We’re supposed to be a community of people with the same interests not belittling people for a difference of taste or opinions on find etc. It’s a little off putting to say the least. I am almost 32, I am woman (I’m the Scarlett in will_scarlett) and I have back problems and unfortunately I don’t drive. There’s a few things that work against me when it comes to urban exploring. I work 2 jobs so time is also limited. I DO research, I look up newspaper articles, google maps, websites and forums like this. Also when I am in the car with my partner I am ALWAYS on the look out for abandoned buildings. It’s the forums like this that gives a little
Helping hand to someone like myself. Whether something is worth visiting, would I like it/be interested in a place based on information and photos. Also how safe it is, security issues etc. And most importantly I guess..is it still standing. So when I ask about a place that’s been done a millions times. I am asking for myself so I can visit for my own amusement/ photos and exploration. I don’t really care if you’ve been there, done that and got the t shirt. Some of us haven’t had the opportunity yet to see for ourselves. What I am interested in may and will probably be different to what you are. So when people make horrible comments it’s rude and not needed. Be a little more supportive, give advice or keep your fingers from typing negative rubbish. I do also do little reconnaissance trips to scout out a place I’ve found or heard of when I can too. I do and will put the effort in. We aren’t all lazy when we ask for hints and tips. We’re asking for helpful advice not negative horrible comments.

Anyway, I guess today’s explore knackered me out. I’ve been sat here researching where to go next whilst we’re in Cumbria and also some walks for us to do. I am very tired and negative people get me down. Sometimes I just feel I need to have my say too. Maybe that’s also because I am a woman! lol. Ya know what we’re like! Bitches be crazy! Hahahha

Anyway for the rest of you who’ve been very kind and helpful and welcoming. Thank you. It means a lot.

Look forward to perhaps meeting some of you on an explore one day maybe.
Hi.
Well said girl,nicely put
Its the same on FB apparently at 45 I am too old for this........................said Sam from York 18yr (this was not on this site) I replied that he may be able to climb up a building wall as quick as he can, but a lot of those buildings were open when I was his age and ok so I cant move as fast as him but I bring plenty of other things to the table,
His reply ???????
called me a old cow and blocked me LOL

xx

ScarlettRose

Leave Only Footprints
28DL Full Member
Hi.
Well said girl,nicely put
Its the same on FB apparently at 45 I am too old for this........................said Sam from York 18yr (this was not on this site) I replied that he may be able to climb up a building wall as quick as he can, but a lot of those buildings were open when I was his age and ok so I cant move as fast as him but I bring plenty of other things to the table,
His reply ???????
called me a old cow and blocked me LOL

xx
Yikes! Too old?? What’s wrong with people? I seem to find that young people have no respect for their elders now days. No respect for anyone for that matter. Grrr..some of em need a good slap! Lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 164) View details