real time web analytics
What is the trespass law in Northern Ireland? | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

What is the trespass law in Northern Ireland?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

U

urbrexit

I know in England and Wales Urbexing (without doing any damage or forcing entry) is a civil tresspass, and the police cannot arrest you or fine or anything. I think the landowner can sue you, but it's unlikely for the claimant to win. In Scotland they can only take you to a civil court if you have done damage or stolen something etc.

But I can't find anything about the law in Northern Ireland. I imagine it's similar to the rest of the UK, but I don't want to get arrested hundreds of miles away from home.

Thanks

Irishmanlost

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Northern ireland is part of the uk, last time i checked. It's only if you go down south that it changes.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
So is Scotland but trespass law is alot different up there. m not aware of any differences in NI but it would be good to know if there is!

Irishmanlost

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
OK, It's the same as mainland britain, Only if you head south across the border that it changes.

urbanchemist

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Anyone know if trespass law is significantly different in Eire? I've always assumed it was much the same as in the UK.

jonny247364

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The South years ago was very easy come easy go, I visited a good few old abandoned farm Houses in the deep south, and if a Farmer chanced by showing him my camera, University card and a bit of blarney about documenting Irish Immigration; would get you a free background and maybe even a tour. The Guards where equally ok, if you weren't stealing pipes or setting fire to the place they didn't much care, at worst advise you to be on your way. Around the border it was different with sheep and diesel smuggling, hiding weapons, training camps - everyone was on edge. Guards are much more strict now, all this militaristic training over in England lol