Web
Analytics
Report - - Withycombe Brook, Exmouth - September 2014 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Withycombe Brook, Exmouth - September 2014

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
[video=youtube;mcN3i4PvA9A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcN3i4PvA9A[/video]

After Exmouth was severely flooded in 1960, various flood defences were put in place to defend from the sea, the estuary and the brook.

A sunny afternoon out with Styru and The Queen...

We entered just a few metres from the outfall to the sea...

DSC_5504_ShiftN.jpg

and headed inland up a very large concrete channel...

DSC_5509_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5510_ShiftN.jpg

Had a chat with a local, who reminds me a lot of Bob Fleming...

DSC_5512_ShiftN.jpg

There's some surprisingly big structures for what appears to be a small amount of water...

DSC_5515_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5520_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5522_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5524_ShiftN.jpg

Vehicle access...

DSC_5526_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5528_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5534_ShiftN.jpg

Of course we had to go down here...

DSC_5548_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5546.jpg

DSC_5544_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5541.jpg

Out of there, and carry on further inland...

DSC_5550_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5555.jpg

DSC_5560_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5564_ShiftN.jpg

DSC_5571.jpg

At this point there's public access and it's maintained by the council, it seems...

DSC_5576_ShiftN.jpg

But what's this ahead... a little bridge? Someone walking across with a pint? A little pub sign seemingly placed for people wading up the brook?

DSC_5579_ShiftN.jpg

Bonus ! Freezing cold pint of cider...

DSC_5582.jpg

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Good one!
Nice part of the country is Exmouth.
Looks like a good chilled out stroll.
That bloke really is a dead ringer for Bob Fleming, it's been a while since I heard some of his folking folk singles :)