real time web analytics
Report - - Wolsztyn Rounhouse & engine graveyard | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wolsztyn Rounhouse & engine graveyard

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

john

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In Poland they are still running a few scheduled passenger trains pulled by steam engines. What's even better is if you have the funds in your anorack pocket you can go and drive them for a week, under instruction of course. :crazy

So this is a bit of a cheat, because my accomodation was in the engine drivers quarters I had 24 hour access to the yard, however, at night the roundhouse was closed up and out of bounds.

One night I noticed a door wasn't properly closed so came back with my camera. While I was in there the shed foreman and a fitter came in to check on the engines so I had to move around to keep out of sight, reminded me of my train spotting days nearly 40 years ago, it was great :D

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

Further down the line are four very sad looking locos, unortunately I don't think these will ever run again. Most of the removeable items such as levers and whistles were missing, I just hope they have been removed and stored rather than stolen.

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0301.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0319.jpg

This was taken early one morning, nothing to do with UE, I just like it.
IMG_0139.jpg