real time web analytics
Report - - Wolverhampton Iron Founders Ltd - 18\07\06 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wolverhampton Iron Founders Ltd - 18\07\06

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
View attachment 10800 View attachment 10801 View attachment 10802

View attachment 10803 View attachment 10804 View attachment 10805

View attachment 10806

Another chance find whilst looking for some gas towers. In all fairness it is very trashed, and I know alot of people would just take one look and go "meh", but you have to look past the fly tipped crap and alot of the machinery is still in situ. There was a small workshop with some sort of milling machine whih I think was a polisher, and a cool 1950's stress tester. What a pity someone had decided to put the glass through on the face.

I have no idea what the large blue machine did... It was very old though.

Its the sites like this I am very keen to get documented. Sure it's no Millennium Mills but it will be demolished in a day and gone forever...

C

coxy134

Re: Wolverhampton Iron Founders Ltd, REPORT

the large blue m/c is a sand mill made by augusts

basically sand, water, clay and coal dust are added then mixed together to make moulding sand

C

coxy134

the milling m/c is actually a "pip" polisher used to polish samples of iron

C

coxy134

dweeb said:
Thanks for the info folks. I assumed it was some kind of polisher. That must have been the quality testing room then.

possibly yes, they would have done other test on the iron like tensile tests etc.
as a foundryman its said to see so many close down!!
mine closed down but reopened 2 years ago, japanese bought it there spending around 10 million on it it at the mo!!