real time web analytics
Your views on asbestos.. | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Your views on asbestos..

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
I got a P2 respirator ( I hope that's adequate enough... Is it?) after being in a cinema and making a climb through a hole in the ceiling and getting a face full of dust from my buddies foot further up the ladder. Then spotting asbestos stickers. Wonder if that was enough? How much is too much? Happened more than once too

In industry P3 is the minimum for areas which potentially contain asbestos, after all safety is paramount.

P1 Filters at least 80% of airborne particles
P2 Filters at least 94% of airborne particles
P3 Filters at least 99.95% of airborne particles

Mind you, you also have to have a face fit to check the type and size of mask provides an adequate seal otherwise it lets particles in anyway!

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
I got a P2 respirator ( I hope that's adequate enough... Is it?) after being in a cinema and making a climb through a hole in the ceiling and getting a face full of dust from my buddies foot further up the ladder. Then spotting asbestos stickers. Wonder if that was enough? How much is too much? Happened more than once too

Even without the mask the chance of it been an issue is 1 in Xthousand (where X is a pretty big number), with a P2 mask you've filtered most of it out, so the that X is now even more huge. Without the said incident you have like a 1 in 4 chance of dying of cancer anyway so the extra 1 in X thousand (which was further reduced by having a mask filter most of it out) isnt really anything to loose sleep over. I'd worry more about eating a big mac.

But next time buy a P3 as there is no reason not to, and note again as TLR says the fit is the most important.

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
Even without the mask the chance of it been an issue is 1 in Xthousand (where X is a pretty big number), with a P2 mask you've filtered most of it out, so the that X is now even more huge. Without the said incident you have like a 1 in 4 chance of dying of cancer anyway so the extra 1 in X thousand (which was further reduced by having a mask filter most of it out) isnt really anything to loose sleep over. I'd worry more about eating a big mac.

But next time buy a P3 as there is no reason not to, and note again as TLR says the fit is the most important.

Ok, next mask will be p3... I didnt have a mask on at the time, I got a faceful of it.

NickUk

Ermahgerd
28DL Full Member
A few years ago in europe a few of us used a load for sleeping on in a power station as we didn't have roll matts and we're all still here...

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
A few years ago in europe a few of us used a load for sleeping on in a power station as we didn't have roll matts and we're all still here...

I'll give it at least another 100 years, and hopefully still safe :thumb