real time web analytics
A Decade of Lunacy - Ten Years of Asylum Seeking | Noteworthy Reports | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A Decade of Lunacy - Ten Years of Asylum Seeking

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ASOM

One-Man Urbex Art Army
28DL Full Member
Oh well thanks for distracting me from work for about 30mins solid! :)
Great set there...not many more to go, but one or two on here I need to really get my skates on for and then, as you say...it'll be time to consign them only to memory and find something else to be a nerd about.

Session9

A life backwards
28DL Full Member
Superb collection, makes one realise the best years are over.
With this level of detail and your love for them, ever thought of doing a book?

Cobbles11

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
WOW this is really impressive. So interesting to see inside all these places. Do you know if any are still standing/accessible? I know they're tearing a lot of these places down now and I'd like to visit more. I was lucky enough to visit Cane Hill before they tore that down and it was such an eerie place and I'm eager to find some more places like it!

zombizza

Sore Knee
Regular User
Very enjoyable. I got to see about 8 or 9 in total and that doesn't feel like enough. Sadly in the US they are going fast as well

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
WOW this is really impressive. So interesting to see inside all these places. Do you know if any are still standing/accessible? I know they're tearing a lot of these places down now and I'd like to visit more. I was lucky enough to visit Cane Hill before they tore that down and it was such an eerie place and I'm eager to find some more places like it!

Thanks - I'd refer you to the Asylum List pinned in the hospital/asylums forum. In truth there isn't a lot left, no.

RuralExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Awesome! The history of these places blows my mind. I've only been to St John's in Lincoln, but I can understand why this is your favourite kind of exploring. If those walls could tell stories... Luckily, we found one that did. Unluckily, my camera phone took awful shots (see attached). The energy inside that place, especially in the old ECT room in a dank cellar, will stay with me forever.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful collection! Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• DSC_0524.jpg
    DSC_0524.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 52

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
@RuralExplorer not sure what you've done but I can't see any image attachments or any evidence of them ever being attached ?

Care to edit re-upload :thumb

RuralExplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@RuralExplorer not sure what you've done but I can't see any image attachments or any evidence of them ever being attached ?

Care to edit re-upload :thumb

My mistake! I just clicked the 'Upload a File' (sounds like a mental disorder) and added a photo of a wall with some writing on. On the 'Recent History' tab it says I uploaded a photo to this thread. Not an expert in HTML or anything remotely similar so gonna need some pointers on how to embed images properly... Will get round to adding a report on St John's once my photo folders are arranged. Until then, please imagine a photo of a wall with cryptic one-liners written all over. :)

One read; "Atheism. Oh ye of little faith"

My personal favourite was; "Humility is a good thing. If you'll pardon me saying so."

I thought that was genius. The irony...

Last edited:
L

little_ boy_explores

Epic report mate,

Might have forgot one in Huddersfield though (Storthes Hall)

Admin, morgue and some other buildings remain

Who has read this thread (Total: 827) View details