real time web analytics
A Decade of Lunacy - Ten Years of Asylum Seeking | Noteworthy Reports | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A Decade of Lunacy - Ten Years of Asylum Seeking

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Top work! Always loved a good asylum!

I remember crawling around then tunnels at high royds with you. Sprinting past the camera in the clock tower and getting a face full of pigeons too ha.

Good times.

Top collection of shots there.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Loved this a lot. I started work in the late 80s training in Darenth Park hospital for the mentally ill, then Stone house for a time too. The design and architecture in these buildings are amazing. Sadly all nearly gone. But this whole thread a joy to read :thumb

britainsdecays

Banned
Banned
Absolutely brilliant mate. I haven't come across an abandoned asylum that's in such good condition as a few of those photos, must have been amazing to come across something that's literally had time stand still! Thanks for sharing :)

Olkka

Chillin at the structure
Regular User
I look at this when I'm abroad for a while and get homesick, reminds me so clearly of that classic Blighty derp smell

ladyboss81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Absolutely loved reading this report, sad that I’ll never get to see some of these beauties myself! Thank you for sharing

vw_golf_nutter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gutted i missed Cane Hill, it looks beautiful. I tried to get it Epsom West Park in 2007 when i lived nearby but was very secure.
That Gartloch Hospital looks impressive even in the state it was.
I have done 5 asylums now and i have to admit im quite addicted. They are sadly becoming a thing of the past though, either knocked down or converted, so im determined to do a few more before they are gone.

xtrmhiker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Simply amazing. Fantastic photo gallery. You’re lucky living in the UK. In USA they’ll have a wrecking crew there 1 week after they’re closed to turn the location into upscale housing or malls.

bramble-scratches

28DL Member
28DL Member
OMG, I’m so late to this party! I remember visiting an abandoned hospital or nursing home in Yatton, Somerset when I was doing work experience with an Architect - I helped take some measurements for a conversion to flats. It was fascinating. I remember the floor being littered with adult nappies. I found it pretty creepy at the time, but I love these photos.

Pretty new to all this but feel like I need to get my game on.

Who has read this thread (Total: 827) View details