real time web analytics
A sad announcement to make | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A sad announcement to make

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Holy fuck (i'm allowed to say language like that in this sort of situation) a miracle has happened today

Despite twice now being told by doctors that she won't make it through the night (the most recent 2 days ago) and myself planning the funeral yesterday due to what the doctors said, she has defied all expectations (what she had carries a 95% mortality rate! and this was that with complications) Today she came out of the induced coma and stayed out (they have been trying the lift the coma for a week now).

Bottom line is I've just had a mobile phone call from her! In a long phone call the mind seems to be lucid and coherent, her memory retention seems to be fine, she knows the date and that we were meant to be on our first overseas trip in almost 2 years right now, the body is weak but that heals with time, her voice is odd as to be expected with 17 days on intubation - that's due to overstretched vocal cords and heals with time. In her own words she has "been on a long journey" which wins the understatement of the year award

She's coming home!

I have a bit of a moral dilemma now: I have just been made aware of the Gofundme website in her name (set up by non-urbex community people and without my knowledge) to leave a legacy to the kids. Do we keep the money or return it?

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
That's incredible news.

As far as the GFM donations go, I'm sure that money can be used to help fund her rehabilitation treatments in some regard? Or a donation to a worthy relevant cause.

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
great to hear some positive news hopefully this is the start to the road back to health :thumb

Salad_Dodger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have a bit of a moral dilemma now: I have just been made aware of the Gofundme website in her name (set up by non-urbex community people and without my knowledge) to leave a legacy to the kids. Do we keep the money or return it?
[/QUOTE]
SO - I post very little but read an awful lot. My Advice ? - take the money, spend it on things that will speed up her recovery - the daft little things that nobody thinks of like toilet seat risers .....etc. And whats left - donate to HER favourite charity. Then in years to come, when you both see a 'go fund me page' for a good cause - drop a few quid in it as payback. Oh and don't stop uploading your reports - you probably dont realise just how much enjoyment they bring to people like me - Nuff said - Namste!

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Found this photo on the laptop, not even sure who took the photo. Its from a meet in Bristol a few years ago which ended up on a church roof. Many familiar faces here, but we are on the right, Bertrina is not the one with the beard on the right by the way

In a few weeks/months time I'm sure Bertrina will see this thread for herself and find it very odd to be reading about her own passing!

51639142552_a921a3a7b3_b.jpg

Last edited:

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
Fantastic news! Wishing you both all the best on her road to recovery. Take it easy man.

Who has read this thread (Total: 493) View details