real time web analytics
A sad announcement to make | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 5 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

A sad announcement to make

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
So glad things have taken a turn for the better, and long may it last. Time to tidy up the house ready for her return :thumb

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Holy fuck (i'm allowed to say language like that in this sort of situation) a miracle has happened today

Despite twice now being told by doctors that she won't make it through the night (the most recent 2 days ago) and myself planning the funeral yesterday due to what the doctors said, she has defied all expectations (what she had carries a 95% mortality rate! and this was that with complications) Today she came out of the induced coma and stayed out (they have been trying the lift the coma for a week now).

Bottom line is I've just had a mobile phone call from her! In a long phone call the mind seems to be lucid and coherent, her memory retention seems to be fine, she knows the date and that we were meant to be on our first overseas trip in almost 2 years right now, the body is weak but that heals with time, her voice is odd as to be expected with 17 days on intubation - that's due to overstretched vocal cords and heals with time. In her own words she has "been on a long journey" which wins the understatement of the year award

She's coming home!

I have a bit of a moral dilemma now: I have just been made aware of the Gofundme website in her name (set up by non-urbex community people and without my knowledge) to leave a legacy to the kids. Do we keep the money or return it?

Awesome news - personally I would either use the money for rehab as I'm sure there will be costs that will be need to be met - or if you aren't comfortable with that maybe charity donation to one that is close to both of your hearts.

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Update. The wife is still in hospital and has been since early October.

Within the last few hours, regrettably she has gone into palliative care, prognosis less than 24 hrs. The miracle is that she held on for 3 months, when the prognosis was so bleak back in October. In the days leading up to Christmas she was making good recovery, and expected to be discharged from hospital at any day, but she relapsed with the original clotting problem last Thursday. On Christmas day I wheeled her out of the hospital to a pub, where she had a final (non-alcoholic) drink. But this really is it now and due to Covid I'm not even allowed to travel to the hospital. So that Christmas day hospital escape will be our last time together. At least we made it a good one.

This will sound horrid, but dare I say it, with the horror I have lived through in the last 3 months, I actually feel relieved right now that a conclusion has been reached. It was obvious from the start that if she had survived it would had been with life-changing disabilities and chronic pain. She really would not had wanted that. She may had been just 41, but she lived her short life well and had experiences around the world that many never experience. I will cherish those memories. It was an honour to have shared those years with her, and I will bring up her two children alone as well as I can. They will succeed - will bloody make sure of that.

Controversial, but I will go open now with what the problem was back in October as I wish it was more reported and not censored/hidden from public view, and this is confirmed by the medics and is not me wearing a tin-foil hat, the clots were caused by the Covid vaccine. She's not the only one.

Open for replies, will stay online for a bit

tarkovsky

SWC
Regular User
I am so sorry to read this, don't think anything I can say will make a difference but wishing you and your family all the strength you need to get through this. X

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Adjoining everyone else, I am sorry to have heard this is happening.

Wishing that for whatever happens now, we hope you will be able to hold strong.

Last edited:

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
@HughieD very few will understand the emotions I am in, but really it ended back in october. With the injuries and butchering they did back then to keep her alive, it feels such a relief right now that an end has come. She really would not had wanted to be in chronic pain, unable to absorb nutrients due to loss of most of short intestine, and a failed-liver which is the scenario we entered back then. This is for the best. I feel right now that I can start to rebuild

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Thoughts are with you, your wife and your children.
Easy to say stay strong, but if you do need someone to offload too that's not close family or friends just drop me a message.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Im not really sure what to say mate other than my heart goes out to you and Claire will be sorely missed. Im having a bit of trouble with this as I thought she was going to pull through and this has hit me quite hard.

You know where I am if you need anything.

Ferret

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So very sorry to hear this mate, I never met Claire but heard lots of awesome things about her. If there's anything you need I'm in regular contact with Oort and can be down there in a jiffy even if it's just a pint somewhere with friends xx

Who has read this thread (Total: 494) View details