real time web analytics
Access to sites | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Access to sites

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Very little in this country is owned by 'nobody' - Redundant historical railways estates & buildings (formerly known as the Burdensome Estate) and this includes legacy bridges, abutments, tunnels, cuttings, viaducts and similar properties associated with closed railway lines, and sales used to be controlled by British Rail Board (Residuary) Ltd (BRBR) which was abolished with effect from 30 September 2013 and is now controlled by the Highways Agency Historical Railways Estate on behalf of H.M. Government, and here's the rub - Security is still the responsibility of British Transport Police (BTP) particularly if adjacent to active Network Rail property or live lines.

What's this got to do with Mayfield you ask as the site is owned by London and Continental Railways (LCR) which is a defunct company that was involved in the construction of High Speed 1 (HS1) in the United Kingdom. Originally established in 1994 as a private consortium to build HS1 under a contract agreed with the UK Government, and looked at Mayfield as a possible terminal. It subsequently ran into financial difficulties and has been owned by the Department of Transport since 2009 and controlled by (you got it) the Highways Agency Historical Railways Estate based in York.

As it borders the active railway, and is overlooked in part by CCTV and Offices with parts of the ground area occupied by private companies on lease it has always been 'interesting' to say the least LoL

Mr Manc89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I might be late in replying but in the most recent video I've seen some lads went around and were able to get in, I didn't see exactly where and I don't know if it's still open

Morning.Star

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always go the long way round, as generally the easy and obvious places will be secured first (low level windows and doors) go under, go over, squeeze through... usually a way somewhere