real time web analytics
Report - - Blackpool Tower (Scaffolding) - 02/08/10 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blackpool Tower (Scaffolding) - 02/08/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Millhouse

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After spotting scaffolding on Blackpool Tower, myself and DocP agreed it had to be climbed. We gathered up the balls to do it, and up we went.

Ok it's not the full job to the top, but we went as high as we could with the ladders etc. We got up to the top floor of proper scaffolding (where the red lights are above the tarpaulin), and then proceeded to climb the ladders inside the south-west leg of the tower. I think we climbed four ladders before the next one was blocked off with tied on tarpaulin, and it didn't seem safe to try and work around it. so we went round towards the north side and climbed another short ladder onto a small platform which was the highest point we reached. I've marked on the picture below where I think we reached, assuming that every ladder's platform we climbed inside the leg is on level with the horizontal struts. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm going to go back maybe this weekend with my binoculars and try to work out properly where we got to in the daylight.

Anyway excellent explore, absolutely awesome up there :)

This is where I think we got to
IMG_2344arrow.gif

At the top of the main scaffolding strucure
View attachment 236007

You can see the first ladder we climbed inside the strut
View attachment 236008

From our highest point
View attachment 236009

View attachment 236010

North Pier
View attachment 236011

Looking down - the white lights are the scaffolding structure around the tower