real time web analytics
Report - - Canaletto Tower, London - December 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Canaletto Tower, London - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Firstly... Thanks to Gabe for the info for getting in.. Well the heads up that it was not to tricky.

Visited here with Slayaaaa and Archimedes on what was probably the most windy night in a long time. As we were walking up the few stairs :eek: we could hear doors banging and what sounded like footsteps, but we soon realised it was the wind blowing the crap out of the place. We stopped on a few of the floors on the way up to check out the view, and then pushed all the way up to the top.

What a view it was once we got up the top, while we were up top we were getting blown around everywhere and could see the crane moving a little, so decided to give that bit a miss. And it nice to see that crane was local to where I lived as it was from Norfolk, and reminded me that I must go and have a play around in there yard soon ;)

And to finish of a perfect night just as we got off the site it started to rain, so we could not timed it more perfectly :)

What is it
Extraordinary waterside tower apartments overlooking the City of London

Situated by the water, Canaletto lies at the meeting place of four well-established and attractive neighbourhoods, each with its own distinctive character. A location where you can enjoy the meandering water and walks of the Regent’s Canal, the cool sophistication of Islington and Shoreditch and the glamour and ceaseless energy of one of the world’s great financial centres.

Designed by Ben Van Berkel of the internationally respected architecture practice UNStudios and interiors by the world renowned designers Johnson Naylor and Martin Goddard, Canaletto provides residents with truly exceptional levels of both service and amenities. A beautifully crafted residential tower of style and rare quality, with intelligently detailed interiors; an exquisite collection of studios, one, two, and three bedroom apartments all of which benefit from either balconies or terraces.

Canaletto helps its residents get the very most from each and every day with magnificent facilities and services moments from your apartment door. The emphasis throughout is on taking care of every resident, with superb 24 hour concierge service, a stylish restaurant, the stunning private Club Canaletto with its terrace in the sky, 24 floors above London, a fabulous 15 metre swimming pool, spa and gymnasium amongst much more. It is luxurious 21st century living, Canaletto style.

Located in Zone1, the most dynamic districts of London are just a short distance from its exquisitely designed lobby. Transport links are equally good to the City and Canary Wharf, as to the West End, with express routes to other major national and international locations from nearby King’s Cross St Pancras. To the North of Canaletto is fashionable Islington and to the south Clerkenwell, its warehouses and industrial buildings freshly populated with entrepreneurial new media businesses. To the east are Shoreditch and Hoxton, where artistic and fashion-centric residents have established a vibrant culture.

Pinched from their website
right-column_1323956964926_2_zps644576f9.jpg

My Photos

_MG_9451_zps1744f52e.jpg

_MG_9452_zpsfb25c5dc.jpg

_MG_9459_zps05552625.jpg

_MG_9460_zpsced6c93a.jpg

_MG_9461_zps7089dad9.jpg

_MG_9468_zps93867c7d.jpg

_MG_9470_zpsbe23ff52.jpg

_MG_9472_zpsb271db61.jpg

_MG_9474_zpsb9e11952.jpg

_MG_9476_zps66ce5cf3.jpg

_MG_9477_zps61b8ced1.jpg

_MG_9480_zps1882808a.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Re: Canaletto Tower. London. December 2014

Nothing like climbing a crane whilst it's pissing down & gale force winds :D

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member

If memory serves me correct, I think the last time I did one, that was the exact weather conditions, and came off feeling like I was on a boat :(

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Ah man, nice pics they came out ace! Cheers for taking No.8 :D

I'll get a report up soon, pics aren't as good but fricking loved it, cheers man. :Thumb

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member

Same mate,the wind blurred a good few on mine. looked ok in the camera, but on screen they just don't cut it... Cheers again for a fun night out.

morse

The Green Giraffe
28DL Full Member

Number 5 is really nice!

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nothing like climbing a crane whilst it's pissing down & gale force winds :D

When i did Lexicon tower next door to this, honestly thoight the wind would blow me off the ladders. Wind is a bitch.

Nice photos mate.

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member

Lol, part of the experience I guess. If we were not so pushed for him and getting blown everywhere I would have had a go in the crane. Next time I guess then

The_Raw

Staff member

Cool shots and processing there NE :thumb

The_Raw

Staff member
Yes mate, I walk past it every week and they're taking forever on it, can't see there being any change to access etc just yet. Might be worth a revisit once they start fitting out the rooftop nightclub. The big one nearer old street roundabout is a walk in at the moment, it had huge hoarding before but loads of heras now as it's nearing completion at the bottom, think that one's called the anvil building or something.

norfolkexplorer

28DL Full Member
Cool stuff.. Might have to pop down to the big smoke one night as a end of year 2 uni celebration then

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details