real time web analytics
Report - - Canaletto tower, London - December 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Canaletto tower, London - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Canaletto

Canaletto tower, London, is a new development on City road that's received a bit of non-public attention recently. Yeah this is another Canaletto report, number 5 I think. But I enjoyed this so much with great company and needed to thank a small list of people, so I thought, what better way than to post it with my first Non-public report!

It truly is an epic high and being on top is just unlike anything I've ever done before. By far it's one of the best explores I've done and definitely sits at the highest at just over 300ft. I know it isn't incredibly high compared to some stuff other members have scaled but personally this is something I never thought I'd be doing, chilling on top 300ft of concrete fun.

Anyway, Cheers to Archimedes and Norfolkexplorer for accompanying me, would've of done it without you both and was nice to finally meet you, Thanks Gabe for the access info, Thanks Seffy, The Raw and Monkey for your reports. I was looking at them a lot for the week leading up to the visit. But yeah, to me, this was epic and beyond anything I had imagined.

What's Canaletto might you ask?

Canaletto tower is a modern development in London

15381433313_14ac3be5c5_z.jpg

Plans were submitted and accepted and quickly came to fruitation: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/luxury/p...25211/high-hopes-for-the-canaletto-tower.html

Designed by UNstudio, the tower consists of, 31 Storeys 190 residential units, spa, swimming pool, gym, cinema, resident's lounge, restaurant, cafe, amenity shop and a rooftop terrace.

UNStudio's design for the Canaletto tower incorporates the remodelling of the facade, a streamlining of the building’s mass and a contrasting of scale and detail untypical of a residential tower. Near and distant townscape views are enhanced through scale, detail and material variation. The building facade creates a modelled elevation in which clusters of adjacent floors are grouped together. Using both textured and smooth materials contrasts with the expected contemporariness of a typical high-rise metal construction and lends the facade a residential 'twist'. Sustainability benefits are achieved by the surface modelling that creates opportunities for shading, balancing good internal daylight and views with reduced heat gains.
The Canaletto residential tower is located half-way between Old Street and Angel Stations (Just by the old City road station)in Islington and comprises of a 31-storey tower with a variety of one, two and three bedroom apartments. Offering waterside living, the tower will also include secure underground parking, swimming pool, gymnasium, resident’s cinema, restaurant, entertainment centre and a sky terrace on the 24th floor.

The official website can be found here: http://canalettolondon.com/

My visit

What a day, I watched a beautiful sunrise and then watched a beautiful sunset both in London, listening to some ISIS on full blast I was set for the day. I met up with NE and Archimedes late afternoon and took a wander before making our way to Canaletto. I had seen it in the distance and was absolutely stunned by the height of it, not that I hadn't seen anything as high and higher, just stunned by the fact that in an hours time I'd be on top. I'd literally spent my time looking at the reports posted prior to our visit and researching routes to get to it and ways in etc. luckily Gabe was very helpful and with his help we were in pretty quick after a few worries. Hitting something like this was completely new to me but I loved every minute.

The night was clear with very faint mist visible in the distance and despite the wind the weather was good. The wind caused doors to slam in the core and definitely made us jump, at one point we had hid on a level. Getting caught was not an option today! We got to the top and had an awesome time, didn't bother with the cranes in the end as they didn't give much extra height, if I had a little extra time I'd want to climb the jib on the higher one but whether I could or not is definitely a different story! :D

Anyway, epic night and definitely one I will not forget in a hurry! Something I definitely needed to just chill. :D

The pictures

I don't own a camera or tripod suited for this as of yet, so had to deal with my Friend's Olympus and a £1 tripod. Just wished I could've got my Nikon and the fisheye a bit earlier! Also changed my white balance during the explore. Obviously my pictures aren't at the same level of quality of the other's, but then again, I was there for the climb above anything else and although I took a few pics, the surroundings literally blew me away and couldn't help but just stand and take it all in. :)

I hope you enjoy seeing my pics anyway!

I love the wind

15814604779_40c92d0510_b.jpg

15378382104_31f6d27f83_b.jpg

15380993663_aa1c4b2fb5_b.jpg

15998834341_142f1e2e2e_b.jpg

16000768435_517784a0b2_b.jpg

Lexicon

15378342044_a7af8c855f_b.jpg

Windy

15814845747_686c02341e_b.jpg

London-eye

15814829547_3a9bb8115c_b.jpg

15378354584_6a982edf93_b.jpg

15999057801_b86f014700_b.jpg

Next to the crane

15813710570_f67cc9d1a5_b.jpg

Warm streets

15998969861_25e61c02c1_b.jpg

Hot

15379108114_7ba9965280_b.jpg

Cold

15813964328_07463d18b3_b.jpg

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Nice 1 buddy. Def do something againg once you get the new set up... Still a cracking report :)

The_Raw

Staff member
Think I know the slamming door you're on about.... it's definitely a cool spot and glad you had fun up there :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details