real time web analytics
Chasing Bandos podcast | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Chasing Bandos podcast

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mockney reject

Staff member
Not sure if many of you have heard of this guy but Greg Abandoned has been doing urbex podcast.

Great to listen to in the car and some of them are very funny

I can personally recommend the Steak & Titties guys, @Doug's podcast along with Sketchy Yawns.

He interviews explorers from all over the world so expect to see a few names you recognise.

He's very pro Instagram explorers but anti location spunking, so kinda on the fence :)

You can find the interviews here

Enjoy :)

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
The Bill Finan one is quite interesting. Arguing about what's urbex and what's not and if its ok to share locations or not etc.. They both manage to prove each other wrong because they are both at least somewhat wrong.

Most of them I cant get more than a few mins in before the hyped up bullshit starts annoying me.. I mean we are represented by Bradley Garrett so you can imagine the bulshit being chatted on that one :gay

Doug

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was going to do another one with Greg but in the meantime he'd spoken to another guy from SydClan so the interview became about all these obscure stupid little things that this guy can't get over. It was just like being interviewed by the mainstream media. He was much more enjoyable the first time when he was new at it.

Having said all that, it seems to be the most popular urbex podcast in the world.

mockney reject

Staff member
I was going to do another one with Greg but in the meantime he'd spoken to another guy from SydClan so the interview became about all these obscure stupid little things that this guy can't get over. It was just like being interviewed by the mainstream media. He was much more enjoyable the first time when he was new at it.

Having said all that, it seems to be the most popular urbex podcast in the world.

The bellycave take some beating though lol

Doug

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah, they're the real pros.

I'm hoping to start one next week, but explorers will hate it :)

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
I was a bit sceptical when I first discovered the podcast due to the name 🥴 but it is actually pretty enjoyable. Been listening to it for about 1.5 years now and the thing that stands out is that he does at least cover a real range of types of explorers and approaches across the world so it does do a fairly good job of representation. He has to some extent documented the documenters.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yeah Iv listened to em all, its well formatted & "some" of the explorers are pretty entertaining.
its 100 times better than No tracers, if u want to hear goons she has them all on there IMO

gregabandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi guys,
I was just told about this thread and decided to register! What do you know. We have listeners on 28dayslater. Wow!

Firstly I just wanted to say I fully (now) understand how cheesy the name of the pod is and it might put people off. That is a shame. I was bit of a noob back then when starting it and it was one of those ideas that seemed good a the time. I hope you can swallow the name and still give us a chance.

The pod is about explorers and since the only social media platform I use is Instagram (sorry?) I tend to communicate and find explorers there. Hence, that's where my pool of explorers are coming from. I certainly would love to branch out. Don't kill me because of The Gram. I love exploring, I love hearing those stories and mainly this is what this pod is all about for me. A little therapy session if you like - since (idk if you know this) I'm based out of China now I lack those exploring friends and exploring conversations in my private life. I feel little silly telling you this but I would like you to know where I am coming from.

Secondly, I wanted to address some of the things that might provide you with some context. I absolutely love this hoppy (I hope that comes across in the pod) and I want to find out everything about it, including history. This, however is proving to be a challenging task. For example (funny enough) because of people like Doug. About Dougooooo in a moment. Behind the scenes (this is not in public yet, not released) I worked on a series called History of Urbex where I talk to (I try talking to) old-heads and when you do that - am I expected to be grateful (of course) but also suck up to everyone and just agree with everything they tell me? Specially if someone else I talked to has a different opinion?

For example after 8h spent with Silo - yes I had questions for Doug. They were about why CC split. For him is a difficult topic - of course. For me it's a topic that needs to be explore if you creating a 'History of Urbex' series. I'm currently sitting on that episode with Doug & Iso.

To summarise it's all about context. Bradley G - much loved here I suppose:) told me stories and that's his take - I can certainly emphasize with what he went through. Was he correct with everything, was there even something like LCC? After talking to others I know it's his invention. When I get a chance to have those other explorers go on a record and say that I will certainly release those episodes. But it is proving to be a difficult task to talk to the old-timers about the glorious past - no one wants to talk about it.

Have I made mistakes? Of course. Let me tell you one massive one. After talking to Silo and finding him on Facebook I spammed bunch of his friends with requests and some of them were (from what I understand) guys who were the big fish. I fucked up. What can I say. Live & Learn.

Regardless of all of that I try to make this pod a pleasure to listen to, sometimes entertaining (it is entertainment after all) and learn something from others, maybe have few debates and listen to those awesome stories. I would absolutely LOVE to talk to the GODS and founders of this website. To get their insite and hear their stories would be a dream come true. To ask them about naming locations and addresses on public forum would be amazing:)

mockney reject

Staff member
Hey Greg welcome to 28DL

I love the podcast, it keeps me entertained whilst in the car and has introduced me to some great explorers, John Williams podcast was amazing :)

Hope the broken bones are healing :)

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi Greg Im also a bit of a fan, sorry to hear about your recent accident, man it sounds like u were lucky!
i think your podcasts are really interesting the 2 that stuck out for me are the LCC was awesome as was abandoned Detroit. Its difficult to agree with every explorers morals (mentioning no finans) but think you give a great balanced opinions.
I do feel we are missing out in the UK with the lack of racoon dogs though!

I know 28dl has had a few mentions on the pods & we get a bit of a bad rap sometimes but we are all just passionate explorers at the end of the day.

your interview style is good too, Iv tried "no tracers" but am sorry to say find it a lot more awkward listening.

Keep up the good work

Who has read this thread (Total: 229) View details