real time web analytics
Chasing Bandos podcast | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Chasing Bandos podcast

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Ok Detectives, this my analysis of the EVIDENCE sent to me from what I was sent from 3 explorers: @urbexwithlucy, @fabuloush0rror, @lost.ireland (+ another was vocal but sent no evidence @retrospective.memory) I can see few things here [those all are The Gram tags]:

1) the most damming is selling stuff from abandoned locations on ebay - a) framed butterflies, peacock bird figure, some pen box, lady figurine, table lighter, microscope and... boiler. Looking at this stuff and the amount of screenshots provided it's hard to argue and quite frankly that would be enough for me to remove the episode - just need him to comment on it before I make any decision.
2) lying about being a doctor - I saw a post on Irish Post saying "British doctor traces family of Irish birth father who died before they had a chance to meet" article. Ben says he studied medicine and "I just do pharmaceutical now" he said to me and I'm not satisfied with his answer, it's not definite. Why can't you just say it normally. Are you a doctor or not. On the other hand... ok he is not a doctor? I'm also not a doctor:) Who cares? He was lying about being a doctor when he message some girls... okey. Isn't that his personal life? I don't get it. There are, however some very serious accusations from @lost.ireland about Ben using his doctor status to obtain pictures of girls and disabled girls? I would welcome some evidence of this because that is super serious accusation. Otherwise, effectively it is slander. One other "evidence" is a whatsup message where Ben says to @urbexwithlucy "hi Miss Lucy this is your favourite doctor speaking [...]" - I mean, make he is making himself look more important by saying 'doctor', maybe there is a narcissistic personality in play idk, but how is this relevant to urbex? This is a dude who is trying to get into her pants. Who cares? Shouldn't this be between them? Why was this sent to me? LOL Later on, in the same voice-msg conversation he is trying to invite her for Starbucks (successfully - I assume as he mentioned Monday for a meetup). I was only provided with his responses so it's impossible to say if it's this is unwanted or not. But again - shouldn't this be private between them?
3) grooming children - have not seen any single evidence of that. The only thing I saw was conversation where Ben sent a pic of a girl sitting on stuffed shark @littleangellmarr (19 year old who posts pics of herself with legs spread showing her underwear) and Ben's question of "Would you" - now I don't want to express my opinions on this because it's none of my business. How is this relevant to urbex? Legal age is UK is 18. Age of consent in England and Wales is 16. Do you think it's creepy? Sure, many would. Is it urbex? Nope.
4) YouTube video called 'Ben James Stevens aka places forgotten is a vandal and lies and takes pictures of underage girls' - is not on internet anymore
5) messaging girls - ok so I saw screenshot of conversation with Ben and some girl (her name was redacted). Starts by the girl messaging Ben first: "Hey, the places you find are amazing! Would you mind if I ask how you find these places?". So next Ben says that is a lot of work and research and suggests that "maybe they can work something out", she says "depends what you want" he replies "how about a pic of you" then SHE SENDS HIM.... is it a nude? She sends him a picture. I can't tell as the pic has been drawn over with a pink ink, you can't see shit. They both use X at the end of each sentence which annoys me to an extend but whatever xxx. At the end I see this as two playful adults where one is willing to send pics of herself for spots. Everyone is trading, current explorers should be called traders. Jesus. Anyway, that is not cool.
6) lying about having gf - from a screenshot I saw he says to the girl (the one from point 5 ) that he had been been single for 4 years. According to plymouthherald.co.uk I saw a screenshot of an article that says "Urban explorer and thrill-seeker Ben [redacted] and girlfriend Emma trespassed on the grounds, and soon afterwards the building itself". In other instance he tells that a girl called Emma is his cousin. I haven't asked Ben about this because it never occured to me that in the urbex discussion I would have to.... So... personal life? Is he a cheater? Who cares? How is this urbex?
7) voice messages on whatsup app - I was given a selection of videos playing the voice messages between him and @urbexwithlucy- and again, this is like... [facepalm] why do I need to listen to Ben trying to get this girl? He likes (liked) her and wants to meet her. Okey then. How is it urbex?

Overall, I need to talk to Ben about the ebay as this is the only thing that has any substance. There are some serious accusations thrown towards Ben, many many of them from people who never met the guy and majority not substantiated. Any of this "evidence" would be just treated as hearsay. He said that, she said that. I would also say that after one screenshot provided with comment: "finally some exposure without the police telling us off [...]" you can make a logical leap and say that this evidence was presented to the police and was met with 'bugger off response' as none of this would stand in any court. But I now entered a speculation mode with this last one.

Detective Constable Greg Signing Off

Whilst you're correct in saying that some of the accusations are personal and between two individuals, it's the way he has conducted himself online around other people - manipulating situations, coming across as much younger than he really is, and basically lying through his teeth - that shows the true character of the person.

If I'm honest I'm amazed he's had the balls to come out in public like this again, considering how hated he is he must have known there would be a pretty big reaction.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I second what OT says there. It’s easy to get distracted by garbage and miss the real stuff.
In my opinion you’d be better off putting any energy you have for being a detective with this Ben guy (who I actually don’t know anything about either) into talking to @Speed.

He’s been around since the beginning on this scene in the UK and has no doubt some of the best stories to tell about it. The best part is he will actually tell you it like it is too.

LostIreland

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This thread is an absolute disgrace. You give Ben Stevens a platform for him to spew his crap and then when people approach you trying to tell you that he's a terrible person (to which I guarantee you many people in this thread will verify and back us up on) you decided to make a big article accusing us of slander whenever all you're doing is slandering us. You asked for information and evidence in private of Ben's theft and the like which was provided to you in plentiful quantities but to then go and post our names all over this website and say that we're lying is an absolute disgrace and absolutely disgusting. You're effectively doing the very thing you accused us of doing and it's a joke. Almost anyone in the UK can tell you what Ben's like but if you choose to ignore that then that's on you.

gregabandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This thread is an absolute disgrace. You give Ben Stevens a platform for him to spew his crap and then when people approach you trying to tell you that he's a terrible person (to which I guarantee you many people in this thread will verify and back us up on) you decided to make a big article accusing us of slander whenever all you're doing is slandering us. You asked for information and evidence in private of Ben's theft and the like which was provided to you in plentiful quantities but to then go and post our names all over this website and say that we're lying is an absolute disgrace and absolutely disgusting. You're effectively doing the very thing you accused us of doing and it's a joke. Almost anyone in the UK can tell you what Ben's like but if you choose to ignore that then that's on you.
Dude stop it haha, this ain't alternative reality that you are creating here. You publicly comment on my guest but when I do the same there it is an issue? You have provided me with the "evidence" - I responded to it. I asked you to come on the pod (I said that actually to ALL of you) - what was the response? ZERO NOTHING NADA - none of you responded to it, you all stayed quiet
Also, I found online posting about someone shitting on you - just to demonstrate that if you look closely - you can find dirt everywhere - I was demonstrating a ponit. You explained, provided a context. Great. But when it comes to others providing a context - all of a sudden there is a problem ????

I told you in the group chat I created with 4 of you - you want me to believe you - start acting like adults.

throughthebrokenglass

28DL Member
28DL Member
Dude stop it haha, this ain't alternative reality that you are creating here. You publicly comment on my guest but when I do the same there it is an issue? You have provided me with the "evidence" - I responded to it. I asked you to come on the pod (I said that actually to ALL of you) - what was the response? ZERO NOTHING NADA - none of you responded to it, you all stayed quiet
Also, I found online posting about someone shitting on you - just to demonstrate that if you look closely - you can find dirt everywhere - I was demonstrating a ponit. You explained, provided a context. Great. But when it comes to others providing a context - all of a sudden there is a problem ????

I told you in the group chat I created with 4 of you - you want me to believe you - start acting like adults.
So because they don’t want to speak on a podcast they’re liars? What does it matter if they go on a podcast or not…

This all came out years ago everyone in the UK urbex scene knows exactly what Ben is like hence why he’s moved onto European urbex. There was multiple pages on Facebook and Instagram who supplied their evidence especially with the eBay proof years ago. This thread is totally ridiculous.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Purposely giving a platform to divisive and controversial people like Finan, Bradley Garrett and Ben James Stevens is always going to result in a pushback. Dismissing evidence provided or the people providing it just because they don't want to talk on a podcast is a pretty poor show really. You'll struggle to find any explorer in the UK worth their salt who thinks creepy non Doctor Ben is a good influence or a good example of the sort of people who do this hobby.

redhunter

redxrag on instagram
28DL Full Member
I simply cannot comprehend that you’re refusing to believe us until we come on your podcast. What does that change? Only thing it’ll do is benefit you with views and likes. No one in their right mind would do that.

You must’ve known about Ben James and his antics, otherwise you wouldn’t of asked him questions about the thieving and the numerous posts about him on here and other social media platforms. It seems you did this knowing you’d have bad feedback. Why? This only angers people who have had to deal with him and his constant bullshit.

I get you’re a person who’s simply doing podcasts and understanding other people’s opinions on exploring but you’ve shot your self in the foot here. He’s gas lighted the fuck out of you, and you believe him over numerous people, who have shown you evidence.

redhunter

redxrag on instagram
28DL Full Member
So because they don’t want to speak on a podcast they’re liars? What does it matter if they go on a podcast or not…

This all came out years ago everyone in the UK urbex scene knows exactly what Ben is like hence why he’s moved onto European urbex. There was multiple pages on Facebook and Instagram who supplied their evidence especially with the eBay proof years ago. This thread is totally ridiculous.
The Europeans are fed up of him now. He robbed equipment from the two morgues in France and also breaks into the German hospitals/morgues and sells the photos to the newspapers. One of my friends was telling me how they visited a morgue in Germany a few days after he visited, to find all access points bricked up. He needs to just fuck off.

throughthebrokenglass

28DL Member
28DL Member
The Europeans are fed up of him now. He robbed equipment from the two morgues in France and also breaks into the German hospitals/morgues and sells the photos to the newspapers. One of my friends was telling me how they visited a morgue in Germany a few days after he visited, to find all access points bricked up. He needs to just fuck off.
I’ve heard similar things from Europe’s explorers! He’d done the human organ morgue and some of the organs mysteriously went missing after he’d went. Either he sold out to the papers so the organs got removed or he did something with them so people can’t get similar shots to what he does…. Which he’s very well known for as well!

Some of my European friends have pointed out how creepy he was when he’s spoken to them in the past saying how he wants to meet up with certain females and spend the night away when they don’t know him, pretending to them he’s a paediatrician which I think was Lucy’s intention to show the voicenotes he sent her being a creep and pretending to be a doctor! She put all this on her story 2 years ago and it was more than enough evidence to prove to me exactly what he’s like

Imagine not believing a whole community because they don’t want to appear on a podcast just for the clout..

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Humm.. personally I just don't really get interviewing people who are just a bit insignificant. I mean i vaguely know the name but really don't know anything about him. Its not like the guy has achieved anything special or has any kind of special experience or anything really. Just another one of a thousand other attention seeking goons that have been through the hobby over the years. Certainly not the first so called explorer whos upset people and then had a barrage of accusations and what not made against them.. In fact ive been there myself many times, its just what happens when you make enemies.

Obviously you like getting people on with a cool story but thats always going to attract the kind of 'no substance' scene jockeys with a bunch of fictional stories over real explorers with real stories which lets face it are probably not going to sound quite as good without the fake hype layered over the top of them. To me if you're going to lean heavily on the whole largely fictional 'found a dead body' type stories you're always going to put off proper explorers as quite frankly we all know that kind of thing happens once in a blue moon and even with almost 20 years of experience and 1000s of explores under my belt I can only really think of one or two relevant 'morbid' stories that actually happened and none of them have actually happened to me. Frenchay severed hand in an ice cream tub is probably the only one i know of that i could actually vouch for actually happening and have proof (and photos!). Cant even think of anyone whos stumbled across a dead junkie or anything, if it does happen its quite rare.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Humm.. personally I just don't really get interviewing people who are just a bit insignificant. I mean i vaguely know the name but really don't know anything about him. Its not like the guy has achieved anything special or has any kind of special experience or anything really. Just another one of a thousand other attention seeking goons that have been through the hobby over the years. Certainly not the first so called explorer whos upset people and then had a barrage of accusations and what not made against them.. In fact ive been there myself many times, its just what happens when you make enemies.

Obviously you like getting people on with a cool story but thats always going to attract the kind of 'no substance' scene jockeys with a bunch of fictional stories over real explorers with real stories which lets face it are probably not going to sound quite as good without the fake hype layered over the top of them. To me if you're going to lean heavily on the whole largely fictional 'found a dead body' type stories you're always going to put off proper explorers as quite frankly we all know that kind of thing happens once in a blue moon and even with almost 20 years of experience and 1000s of explores under my belt I can only really think of one or two relevant 'morbid' stories that actually happened and none of them have actually happened to me. Frenchay severed hand in an ice cream tub is probably the only one i know of that i could actually vouch for actually happening and have proof (and photos!). Cant even think of anyone whos stumbled across a dead junkie or anything, if it does happen its quite rare.
Frenchay was probably, as you say, one of the very few real isolated stories of substance.

I’ve got vague memories of someone finding a homeless stiff in a drain but may have not even been an explorer.

throughthebrokenglass

28DL Member
28DL Member

Obviously you like getting people on with a cool story but thats always going to attract the kind of 'no substance' scene jockeys with a bunch of fictional stories over real explorers with real stories which lets face it are probably not going to sound quite as good without the fake hype layered over the top of them. To me if you're going to lean heavily on the whole largely fictional 'found a dead body' type stories you're always going to put off proper explorers as quite frankly we all know that kind of thing happens once in a blue moon and even with almost 20 years of experience and 1000s of explores under my belt I can only really think of one or two relevant 'morbid' stories that actually happened and none of them have actually happened to me. Frenchay severed hand in an ice cream tub is probably the only one i know of that i could actually vouch for actually happening and have proof (and photos!). Cant even think of anyone whos stumbled across a dead junkie or anything, if it does happen it’s quite rare.
nailed it on the head! there’s only been a handful of interesting/scary experiences that I’ve heard none of them have happened to anyone I know directly! The only time I can think of where an explorer found a body in a house is at the Jackie Pallo house in Kent but that’s the only example I’ve ever heard

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Also probably best not get too precious over the whole 'take only foot prints' 'who stole what' thing. Im not sure if the UK scene is actually different or if we are just more honest but taking stuff from derps is pretty much part and parcel of the exploring world here and always has been. Again its something i can talk to you about if you want but obviously while people dont exactly shout about it and there are different opinions out there as a collective we stopped caring a long long time ago. You certainly couldn't interview anyone of significance in the UK if non adherence to the 'urbex law' is a problem.

redhunter

redxrag on instagram
28DL Full Member
Also probably best not get too precious over the whole 'take only foot prints' 'who stole what' thing. Im not sure if the UK scene is actually different or if we are just more honest but taking stuff from derps is pretty much part and parcel of the exploring world here and always has been. Again its something i can talk to you about if you want but obviously while people dont exactly shout about it and there are different opinions out there as a collective we stopped caring a long long time ago. You certainly couldn't interview anyone of significance in the UK if non adherence to the 'urbex law' is a problem.
The difference is most will take items as a memory of the location, or to save said items from the goons. Ben purposely takes items to sell online and to make profit from. He doesn’t care

Who has read this thread (Total: 231) View details