real time web analytics
Chasing Bandos podcast | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 9 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Chasing Bandos podcast

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

AlternativeAdventuring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Mikeymutt Yeah agreed, it's a tricky one for sure especially when we see so many people who really play the social media angle. It can be hard to see it as anything else sometimes.

Speeds episode was very good, it certainly sparked a lot of conversation between those who listened to it and I do massively respect him as an explorer and person regardless of what I may not agree with.

The Chernobyl series episodes of gregs podcasts are really good so would definitely recommend those if you're interested in that sort of things, Urbex 8 with Alex Ioannau is worth it too as it's got the Famagusta stuff, as is Urbex 19 with abandond_bulgaria. I only listen to the episodes that intrigue me by their descriptions or those recommended by others (sorry greg if you read this - not personal, just a preference!)

gregabandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Mikeymutt

The Chernobyl series episodes of gregs podcasts are really good so would definitely recommend those if you're interested in that sort of things, Urbex 8 with Alex Ioannau is worth it too as it's got the Famagusta stuff, as is Urbex 19 with abandond_bulgaria. I only listen to the episodes that intrigue me by their descriptions or those recommended by others (sorry greg if you read this - not personal, just a preference!)
Thanks man, with those early eps I didn't do much describing, that's something I need to revisit and improve for sure

gregabandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tbh I've followed the Lana thing since it first happened and I've always felt the fact she is Russian is probably the whole reason she was detained in Albania and frankly hearing the podcast seems to confirm that to me.

It also confirms to me at least, that it wasn't her who aggravated/caused fight with guards with pepper spray, it was someone she was with. They all appear to have been separated as the guys ran and she stayed put and doesn't seem she was actually near the drama when it all kicked off but was instead taking in through association and concern she was also a threat.

I don't think she's of a similar calibre to some of the social media hungry people we see so often. Does she push herself out there? Yes. But I don't think it's done obnoxiously or anything.

I appreciate listening to the podcast episode is only one side of the story and therefore it is very difficult to remain objective. We may never know what truly happened. However, I think she comes across very well, genuine and she clearly cares about Urbex a lot. She does have a huge interest in the history of places too which I have a huge respect for.

I think it's important to recognise regardless of how you feel or what you believe truly happened, that what happened would be a very traumatic experience for anyone so for her to be able to talk about it so openly is pretty impressive.

I would really recommend listening to the podcast episode regardless of where you stand at is is an eye opener. Thank you @gregabandoned for that one, I for one really enjoyed it!
I would like to add to that. I went to Albania and spent 3 days exploring in there with Lana. From early morning until dark, every day. Lana is a true explorer. She is on it. Exploring is her life, and it has been like this for 20 years now. She marks things on her map - and she literally looks for points interest on google maps and then we go - one by one and we check it out, some of them (actually most) turns out to be complete shite, falling apart factories, etc but SOMETIMES you come across something great, its true exploration

On top of that she loves diving deep into the history of the places she explores and can tell many stories about each of them.

If you want to get to know someone, travel with them, right/? I saw Lana picking up some token and putting it back. I saw her removing a barrier and putting it back even though it was some shitty half plank. In the bunkers in the mountains she would even close the massive fucking bunker door behind us when I was already in. I turn around and bam, there is small Lana moving this huge door. We took a string off the door and put it back on our way out. Just Respect. She respects the places in that way.

The other two guys: Mikhail and Fedir - I met both. First guy - the Russian guy who admitted to be a spy - he said the confession was beaten up from him. He is a small little dude who came to Albania on his bicycle and was driving around and exploring. I have no clue if he is or not. He certainly intrigued me. Fedir - the fancy car guy, Ukrainian - met him and explored with him on my 3rd day. He has no fear, climbed cooling tower to the top on this fucking sketchy old rusty stairs attached on the exterior of the cooling tower - you would see it and your first reaction is "fuck that!, I don't want to die". He doesn't believe his car is to blame for any of this but well, what else can you expect. I don't know the guy but he made good impression on me.

Thant's all I can tell you. Lana is the strongest - mentally - from all of them. That is what I am sure of. And... she is no spy.

AlternativeAdventuring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I would like to add to that. I went to Albania and spent 3 days exploring in there with Lana. From early morning until dark, every day. Lana is a true explorer. She is on it. Exploring is her life, and it has been like this for 20 years now. She marks things on her map - and she literally looks for points interest on google maps and then we go - one by one and we check it out, some of them (actually most) turns out to be complete shite, falling apart factories, etc but SOMETIMES you come across something great, its true exploration

On top of that she loves diving deep into the history of the places she explores and can tell many stories about each of them.

If you want to get to know someone, travel with them, right/? I saw Lana picking up some token and putting it back. I saw her removing a barrier and putting it back even though it was some shitty half plank. In the bunkers in the mountains she would even close the massive fucking bunker door behind us when I was already in. I turn around and bam, there is small Lana moving this huge door. We took a string off the door and put it back on our way out. Just Respect. She respects the places in that way.

The other two guys: Mikhail and Fedir - I met both. First guy - the Russian guy who admitted to be a spy - he said the confession was beaten up from him. He is a small little dude who came to Albania on his bicycle and was driving around and exploring. I have no clue if he is or not. He certainly intrigued me. Fedir - the fancy car guy, Ukrainian - met him and explored with him on my 3rd day. He has no fear, climbed cooling tower to the top on this fucking sketchy old rusty stairs attached on the exterior of the cooling tower - you would see it and your first reaction is "fuck that!, I don't want to die". He doesn't believe his car is to blame for any of this but well, what else can you expect. I don't know the guy but he made good impression on me.

Thant's all I can tell you. Lana is the strongest - mentally - from all of them. That is what I am sure of. And... she is no spy.
I saw yours and Lana's stories on Instagram it looked like a truly epic trip!

Who has read this thread (Total: 229) View details