real time web analytics
Chasing Bandos podcast | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 8 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Chasing Bandos podcast

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

gregabandoned

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was a pleasure mate! I've done a few interviews with people over the years but this is the only one that's really come to anything. Really good that someones putting in the effort to make it happen tbh. I've been keen on this sort of thing for years but really it had to be an 'outsider' doing the interviews as exploring is so tribal somtimes the very presence of somone well known instantly puts off a big chunk of the community from participating. So much of the history of UE is being forgotten or hidden away from the newer genrations its no wonder they dont have a clue about lsson learnt in the past. Also think it's worth pointing out you don't seem to have an alterior motive. You're not making money off it as far as I can see and it must take alot of work to produce. I'd really encourage more explorers to get involved

@Oxygen Thief is nailed on for a perfect guest so both of you please get that arranged if you haven't already. No better person to speak to about 28days history and the early days.

@Seffy Was someone who came to mind with a few stories. Mail rail and the hand!✋️

It's a shame so many people are retired or have had thier fingers burnt legally maybe?? If siolo is keeping tight lipped then the only person I can thing who would be a real authority to talk to you on the legal/Brad proceedings and what not is Zero but im not sure you will have too much luck there.

If you ever need anyone to come back and do some debating or whatever then I'm game. Love a good argument. It was enjoyable talking to you.
Thank you Adam, when I say this next thing I really mean it - it is very rare to have a guest who fundamentally affect how you think about this hobby. We all might have different takes on "the rules / exploring/ taking things etc" but you have been doing it for so long, that you not only have your own morals, way of doing things, but also you possess an experience of seeing what has happened in recent 20 years. And that is priceless. It was an absolute pleasure talking to you and I envy those places you got to see. I can't get enough of tube, Burlington and mail rail. I'm sure I will find reasons to bring you back. And if you have any recommendations please feel free to share. Thanks!

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Actually, dropped the episode today:
or Urbex 93 - Cracking UK Cold War Nuclear Bunker, exploring abandoned London Tube stations, Russian Nuclear Submarine, Mail Rail, Battersea power plant and more with 28dayslater Adam Slater (Speed) | Chasing Bandos UrbEx Podcast

Again, thank you @Speed this was very informative for me personally, I loved this chat. I do get it now. Still naming locations doesn't right well for me but I do understand the forum's side of things. Also the places you have done and stories! Wow

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

And the people you mentioned, oh man, what I would give to have a chance to talk to them and get their take on what's happened! Enjoy!
All pics by @Speed
Burlington pictures by Kinger

Enjoyed this more than I thought I would lol :rofl

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi guys, I think this might interest you. Lana Sator story.
I don’t think everything was quite what she said In other interviews I have read. I think she did not help herself what I have read from other peoples comments.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
what are the discrepancies ?
I don't know fully about this story. Was just reading a lot of comments on the insta page. About discrepancies with how they dealt with security. All the comments on the insta page are limited. This could just be people getting the wrong end of the stick. I get the impression she likes the social media side on a massive scale and has many many followers on social media. If they are like them sort of people here, that are social media obsessed then I always take everything they say with a pinch of salt. Always two sides to a story. I swear I read comments on this forum a while back about that story in the chat box. Maybe someone more in the know might correct me. But you go a country like Albania then you have to play carefully.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Isn't she the one who pulled a taser on a security guard hence why she was dealt with so harshly?

Apparently not. I don’t think her being Russian helped by all accounts, lengthy detention would suggest they suspected espionage.

I’ll give it a listen later

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That's the one, I knew it was something dodgy but my sleep deprived brain went to a taser ha.
You don't know if they were baiting security. They do that here for views, just Albania is a bit different. But I am only going by a lot of things I read.

AlternativeAdventuring

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tbh I've followed the Lana thing since it first happened and I've always felt the fact she is Russian is probably the whole reason she was detained in Albania and frankly hearing the podcast seems to confirm that to me.

It also confirms to me at least, that it wasn't her who aggravated/caused fight with guards with pepper spray, it was someone she was with. They all appear to have been separated as the guys ran and she stayed put and doesn't seem she was actually near the drama when it all kicked off but was instead taking in through association and concern she was also a threat.

I don't think she's of a similar calibre to some of the social media hungry people we see so often. Does she push herself out there? Yes. But I don't think it's done obnoxiously or anything.

I appreciate listening to the podcast episode is only one side of the story and therefore it is very difficult to remain objective. We may never know what truly happened. However, I think she comes across very well, genuine and she clearly cares about Urbex a lot. She does have a huge interest in the history of places too which I have a huge respect for.

I think it's important to recognise regardless of how you feel or what you believe truly happened, that what happened would be a very traumatic experience for anyone so for her to be able to talk about it so openly is pretty impressive.

I would really recommend listening to the podcast episode regardless of where you stand at is is an eye opener. Thank you @gregabandoned for that one, I for one really enjoyed it!

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Tbh I've followed the Lana thing since it first happened and I've always felt the fact she is Russian is probably the whole reason she was detained in Albania and frankly hearing the podcast seems to confirm that to me.

It also confirms to me at least, that it wasn't her who aggravated/caused fight with guards with pepper spray, it was someone she was with. They all appear to have been separated as the guys ran and she stayed put and doesn't seem she was actually near the drama when it all kicked off but was instead taking in through association and concern she was also a threat.

I don't think she's of a similar calibre to some of the social media hungry people we see so often. Does she push herself out there? Yes. But I don't think it's done obnoxiously or anything.

I appreciate listening to the podcast episode is only one side of the story and therefore it is very difficult to remain objective. We may never know what truly happened. However, I think she comes across very well, genuine and she clearly cares about Urbex a lot. She does have a huge interest in the history of places too which I have a huge respect for.

I think it's important to recognise regardless of how you feel or what you believe truly happened, that what happened would be a very traumatic experience for anyone so for her to be able to talk about it so openly is pretty impressive.

I would really recommend listening to the podcast episode regardless of where you stand at is is an eye opener. Thank you @gregabandoned for that one, I for one really enjoyed it!
Be nice if that was the case. It is definitely a traumatic thing to happen for anyone, and I would not want to be in that position. I ain’t listened to any of the podcasts. I will try to listen to some, not sure I could listen to the Ben Stevens one though, I think there is one. See although not everyone agrees with Speed all the time. I am sure his podcast his prob going to be the most grounded one. He has been doing it longer than most and is certainly not in it for the glory. He will tell it exactly how it is. Sadly we have seen so many in this game when likes, shares and views are all they care about. And the exploring part hardly is anything to do with what they want to achieve, you start to get a stereotypical image in your head of these people.

Who has read this thread (Total: 229) View details