real time web analytics
Report - - Clayton Hospital, Wakefield - July 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clayton Hospital, Wakefield - July 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Visited with ACID-REFLUX & Ferox thanks guys this was ace :thumb and got to see my first morgue :D
Included the morgue pics in this rather than do 2 separate reports since there's quite a few of the place gone up now. Thanks for the tour acid you must be sick of the place by now. Saw the morgue first & Paul 2129 joined us for that briefly but couldn't stay too long. Didn't realise that the morgue was going to be a separate building, after that we ventured into the hospital. It was pretty trashed but still enjoyed the mooch & didn't fully explore all of it. Definitely got the feeling that someone is living in there, empty bottles & cans everywhere and evidence of drug use. As we were on our way out we heard someone walking on broken glass, it turned out to be an unsavory looking European chap who asked us the way out (luckily acid & ferox knew) and walked past us. Left after that but were on our way out anyway.

IMG_0900_zps56f0c715.jpg

History,
Clayton Hospital is named after former mayor Thomas Clayton who donated buildings to the Wakefield General Dispensary, an organisation set up to provide healthcare for the poor, in 1854. It provided healthcare for the city long before the NHS was formed. In 1863 Mayor Clayton financed an expansion and the institution was re-named 'The Clayton Hospital and Wakefield General Dispensary'. Two further wings were added in 1900 and 1932. It closed in 2012 and services were moved into more modern facilities which were better for patients.
Brian Dudding, head of estates at Mid Yorkshire, said “We recognise that Clayton Hospital has been a prominent feature in Wakefield since the late 19th century. Many local people will have memories of being treated there and many staff, past and present will fondly remember working there. We move forward while recognising the part that Clayton has played for over a hundred years.â€￾
Earlier this year a group of 200 youths turned up to go 'ghost hunting' after seeing some videos online or something, a quote from the local paper "Overwhelmed security guards at Clayton Hospital called the police when the ghost hunters turned up on Saturday night and managed to get into the grounds of the 19th century building.
Insp Richard Clare, of the Central and Rural neighbourhood police teams, said: 'Whether it is haunted or not, it is a dangerous site and members of the public should not enter it for any reason.'" :rolleyes:

the morgue

IMG_0907_zps89b1b22d.jpg

IMG_0930_zpsb220fb13.jpg

IMG_0915_zps5e93ebdf.jpg

IMG_0926_zpsa54e7489.jpg

the hospital
IMG_1020_zps1615c75f.jpg

IMG_1112_zps2ffcb3fa.jpg

IMG_1123_zps76a85928.jpg

IMG_1145_zps2408b82e.jpg

IMG_1146_zps6d7a6cf8.jpg

IMG_1152_zps98db22fc.jpg

IMG_1136_zps81fdb259.jpg

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That tray is a poor substitute for a slab :)

It is not bad for a mooch all the same...

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

Getting the hang of that camera now :)

Didn't see those dodgy looking blokes lol

The tray looks like it's been in position years looking at the algae growth and putrid water etc that has escaped the confines of said tray

If it had a slab it's have been trashed by now anyway :(

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member
Thanks guys, yeah seem to be getting the hang of the camera was even messing about with settings the other day instead of just using auto all the time :)

danny_gartside

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd love to make one in if you chaps are heading up there again anytime soon...not done any before but fancy a crack...I'm after some cool locations for photo shoots too so always up for a bit of scouting

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd love to make one in if you chaps are heading up there again anytime soon...not done any before but fancy a crack...I'm after some cool locations for photo shoots too so always up for a bit of scouting

I think an introduction and a read of the FAQs may be in order :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details