real time web analytics
Report - - Hawarden Corn Mill, Deeside : May 2022. | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hawarden Corn Mill, Deeside : May 2022.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hawarden Corn Mill

While on the way back from a few days in Wales ,me and @dansgas1000 decided to give this a look, as we are both partial to a good mill!

Constructed in 1769 by millwright Charles Howard under instruction from landowner and local politician Sir John Glynne Bart, Hawarden Mill is a two storey, stone building with a wooden overshot waterwheel, cast iron drive gears and a tin metal roof.
The mill was at some point later converted to run via steam power, hence the large chimney on site
The mill was subject to a fire at some point in its history, but I was unable to find an exact date.
Hawarden Mill has laid derelict since the mid 1940s, The end wall supporting the drive gears has since partially collapsed, meaning the gears and millstones are all in a pile next to the main building.

A nice easy explore. A large, heavy-duty fence has recently been erected which looks to be almost impenetrable, but the fact that they haven't joined it at one end, means It's pretty much a walk in!

View attachment

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Loving that wheel mate. Got some great shots. Great to see you and Dan posting quite a bit on here.
It's a beauty ain't it. Really nice area also. Oh yes, that's what happens when we get bored haha. I'll soon run out of places to do reports on, so ill have to go out and take some more photos!

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It's a beauty ain't it. Really nice area also. Oh yes, that's what happens when we get bored haha. I'll soon run out of places to do reports on, so ill have to go out and take some more photos!
Yeah really like it. Ha ha that's always a good excuse to get more in. Sure you still have more left.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Loving that wheel mate. Got some great shots. Great to see you and Dan posting quite a bit on here.
My first night in for a while, so thought I'd post the mill! Plenty more to come. It's a funny one for me as most of my albums are from before I got my camera so I've got some phone ones to upload, but hopefully more camera ones to do soon aswell.

@V50jake nice shots! I liked that place, even though I think the photos make it look even better. I feel with the editing style you've created a nice atmosphere aswell which really suits the place.

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
My first night in for a while, so thought I'd post the mill! Plenty more to come. It's a funny one for me as most of my albums are from before I got my camera so I've got some phone ones to upload, but hopefully more camera ones to do soon aswell.

@V50jake nice shots! I liked that place, even though I think the photos make it look even better. I feel with the editing style you've created a nice atmosphere aswell which really suits the place.
Cheers! Not bad considering how bright it was that day! I remember we sat by the chimney ages waiting for the sun to go in a bit more so I could get that 2nd to last shot without so much glare!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely this. Nice take on the wheel & millstone. Loving the images from inside the wheel.:thumb

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Really love these sort of places, nature reclaiming industry.

You have got a lovely set of images there.