real time web analytics
Question - - Manhole Keys | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Manhole Keys

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PeZ

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
manhole keys i have do have on the t bar a almost chisel like edge so i guess they could say its a tool..but in general matey nah i wouldnt think its any cause for alarm

Oi! thats mine! ha, well not sure i had that one i found but think i left it in obs's car? owel

Mrbodymassagemachine

MBMM for short
28DL Full Member
Manholes keys cause no damage. Crowbars tend to do the opposite.

You're not going to get convicted because of manhole keys, but crow bar equals guilt in many people's mind.

Crow bars are more simple; got no choice but to run :D

ex0

Got nekkid in a warehouse
28DL Full Member
Lockpicks and mica don't do any damage either, but I wouldn't carry them about :)

Wouldn't catch me carrying my picks around, the law is pretty clear there :p

Keys are a bit different because there doesn't seem to be ANY info on them relating to legal/carry.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
Well, it's all down to the Theft Act. Anything could be seen as "going equipped", but the officer would have to prove intent. If it's an item that's been specially made for B&E, then the fact you're carrying it is proof in itself.

So definitely carrying lockpicks would count - I've got a feeling manhole keys would count as well. Depends on the officer and the situation.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
So definitely carrying lockpicks would count - I've got a feeling manhole keys would count as well. Depends on the officer and the situation.

with us one officer was clearly questioning this way (by this point they already knew what we were up to, and wasnt asking it to be an arse they were nice to us, just asked a lot of questions to cover themselves if anything) saying something like "it concerns me that you are carrying such tools and where you may have got them form" letting them know they were off the shelf from the likes of toolstation set their minds at rest, again this will depend on the officer, but it seemed (they didnt actually say) the though process went we werent actually doing anything illegal (just unusual) and likewise we werent carrying anything we shouldnt legally have just generally wouldnt be expected to have. Though this has made me question myself over my homemade manhole keys as I personally feel they would be harder to explain.

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member

Vw got caught in wales with a set he got them back but not a lift back from the station to the car :D
He had them in his bag as his garage door lock was fucked and he forgot to take them out :D Officer honest

goan

Chatbox Retard
28DL Full Member
with us one officer was clearly questioning this way (by this point they already knew what we were up to, and wasnt asking it to be an arse they were nice to us, just asked a lot of questions to cover themselves if anything) saying something like "it concerns me that you are carrying such tools and where you may have got them form" letting them know they were off the shelf from the likes of toolstation set their minds at rest, again this will depend on the officer, but it seemed (they didnt actually say) the though process went we werent actually doing anything illegal (just unusual) and likewise we werent carrying anything we shouldnt legally have just generally wouldnt be expected to have. Though this has made me question myself over my homemade manhole keys as I personally feel they would be harder to explain.

And explaining what tool station was to the female officer lol.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
"it concerns me that you are carrying such tools and where you may have got them form" letting them know they were off the shelf from the likes of toolstation set their minds at rest,

A lot of tools that are regarded as 'going equipped' can be legally purchased via the internet or 'off the shelf' its when and where they are carried that makes them so!

Even carrying lockpicks is 'legal' in the right situation. i.e. if you are a licenced locksmith LoL who have been known to stray...

thatBilly

28DL Member
28DL Member
"Going equipped" eh? I saw this on the BBC News site and it reminded me of this thread. Next time someone gets stick from the police, you can blame douche canoes like that idiot.

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
A lot of tools that are regarded as 'going equipped' can be legally purchased via the internet or 'off the shelf' its when and where they are carried that makes them so!

Even carrying lockpicks is 'legal' in the right situation. i.e. if you are a licenced locksmith LoL who have been known to stray...

Or a vehicle technician going out to a lock out or returning from a lock out;) We used to carry slim jims/pump up bags/wedges/Pick guns etc in the breakdown van.

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
Exactly, As long as you can back up your claim.

Many years ago I was in Richmond and a 'Little Old Lady' (Well a very fit 30 something as it happens) locked herself out of her Mini. I said, I can get it open for you with a piece of nylon band tape, hang on I've got a piece in the car... PC Plod came past and was not amused! 'Wot you carry that for them?' Answer, I had a case of 12 Bore shotgun cartridges I had just picked up from the gun shop taped with it. 'Err, wheres your Shotgun Certificate then?' "In my pocket as it happens" and so on.

Last edited:

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Or a vehicle technician going out to a lock out or returning from a lock out;) We used to carry slim jims/pump up bags/wedges/Pick guns etc in the breakdown van.

oh thats a lot of tools..can you get my ford gt unlocked seem to have locked the keys in it mate..ill let you know when i remember where i parked it:thumb

skelderz

Skelderz
28DL Full Member
More of the same old it really depends on the copper I've been caught twice once my a regular and once by a special the regular guy just inquired why the hell would i wanna do such a thing, the special on t'other hand was a right twat about it and decided to arrest me for going equipped.

diehardlove

28DL Full Member
oh thats a lot of tools..can you get my ford gt unlocked seem to have locked the keys in it mate..ill let you know when i remember where i parked it:thumb

Nah its standard breakout kit mate most breakdown lads/technicians have it. :)

Last edited: