real time web analytics
Question - - Manhole Keys | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Manhole Keys

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidden

28DL Full Member
Re: Manhole Keys alternative

I went down victoria tunnels in newcastle and to get in we had take off a manhole cover. We used a rusty ladle we had and that did the job fine. so you might not need a manhole key just something inconspicuous like a ladle with a bent handle

I'm guessing walking around with a rusty ladle in the NE is normal then ;)

Sounds like salad fingers.

Voibmi

Infiltrating since '04
28DL Full Member
Quite an old thread I see...

Wondering if anyone can give advise on what is the best/what kind of thing to say if stopped and questioned about the keys? In a trying to prove innocence way?...

Thanks.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User

Wondering if anyone can give advise on what is the best/what kind of thing to say if stopped and questioned about the keys? In a trying to prove innocence way?...

Thanks.

You use them for work and they just happened to be in your bag, yes you just walk around in waders for fashion

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
You're a biologist tracking an escaped rat infected with a deadly plague virus?

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member

Thanks.

Turn to the officer, dead pan, and say your boyfriend is really into playing with them; would he like a demonstration. :D

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member

Thanks.
hmm, probably not "i saw this idea on a website and it looked a good idea". get some drains that dont require manhole access done first, kinda a portfolio, then when caught at least you can show what you do any why. It makes sense from a safety point of view to get none manhole access stuff done first too.

DirtyTudor

28DL Member
28DL Member
I work as a builder and also a drain jetter with another bloke, so I would just say I was dropping them off later for work in the morning, or some other unquestionable drivvle, just make them believe you, plus he'd back me up.... I got arrested once, and they asked have you got anything in your pockets, knifes, sharps etc. and I had been working on a sparky job and had a rather substantial and expensive 'over the top', very sharp side opening knife in my pocket, so I said "Yeah, I've got a knife, I use it for work, here ya go", as I was in my work gear, they didn't bat an eyelid, and one of them actually cracked up laughing, as did I, as it seemed rather sketchy, but honest :)