real time web analytics
Question - - Manhole Keys | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Manhole Keys

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

johnsalomon

Germany is the "wurst"
28DL Full Member
I'm not sure if this is germane to the topic, but when researching carriage keys, I came across several mentions of security staff confiscating them at the UK end of the Eurostar, which apparently involves a checkpoint (in Paris you just walk onto the train).

They appear to be quite protective of them (although in the words of one person, "anything secured by a square key is not secured").

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Originally Posted by Ojay
If you get an awkward copper then they could try it on, the last time I got busted which wasn't drain related, I had crabs,

LOL, who edited that STYRU :D

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
Originally Posted by Ojay
If you get an awkward copper then they could try it on, the last time I got busted which wasn't drain related, I had crabs,

LOL, who edited that STYRU :D

Lol :D thats funny.

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User
I had these which were a little too small for some grids. I no longer have them because they snapped, on different grids.

Squirrell 911

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I had these which were a little too small for some grids. I no longer have them because they snapped, on different grids.

I have those and they have been fine. On the occasion where the hole have been a bit too big Ojay has a set the same and we double up the keys i:e two keys in one hole to make up the gap.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I have those and they have been fine. On the occasion where the hole have been a bit too big Ojay has a set the same and we double up the keys i:e two keys in one hole to make up the gap.

Pffft at key's we normally lift them with random junk and our hands :rolleyes:

Squirrell is a human grid key :D

Alley

Conspicuous Loiterer
Regular User

Perhaps my exploring partner just has superhuman strength :D Doubling up sounds like a good idea.

Shocktictacs

Put it in me.
28DL Full Member
Those keys are great for london lids and other easies and not too bad for your average split, but i remember trying to lift a rather hench split above an EDVS, and they were slipping out too much for my liking. Didnt like the idea of somehow hauling half a split back up a 60m shaft! Needless to say once i bought some chunkier keys the lid happily submitted many times.

PyroJack777

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Manhole Keys alternative

I went down victoria tunnels in newcastle and to get in we had take off a manhole cover. We used a rusty ladle we had and that did the job fine. so you might not need a manhole key just something inconspicuous like a ladle with a bent handle