real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth - Feb 19 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth - Feb 19

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

LittleOwl

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Talgarth has had arguably worse nutcase security than Denbigh for a long time ha. It's also in a much, much worse state structurally thanks to a previous owner removing every single slate from every single roof and selling them for a huge profit!

Beardy Elwyn is long gone from Denbigh, after his dog bit a potential developer on a visit to the site he was basically told to never come back. When the council completed the CPO Denbigh got a proper fence around it for the first time and a very visible official security guard presence complete with cameras and all that gubbins dotted around.
Man, the drama of urbex often surprises me. Beardy Elwyn is easily the best possible name I could envision this man having. Reckon he and Derek would either get on like a house on fire or inevitably kill one another. Just don't understand how boring some people's lives must be that they spend all their time threatening or in Elwyn's case actually harming trespassers of a site they have no legal responsibility for

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Man, the drama of urbex often surprises me. Beardy Elwyn is easily the best possible name I could envision this man having. Reckon he and Derek would either get on like a house on fire or inevitably kill one another. Just don't understand how boring some people's lives must be that they spend all their time threatening or in Elwyn's case actually harming trespassers of a site they have no legal responsibility for

To be fair there is a lot of ill feeling at Talgarth over the business park and general scams that happened when it was sold off. The guy who owned the isolation hospital at the top of the site for example though he owned the building/land. When the adminsitrators come in they found no proof it had been sold off by the business park. Derek is the guy who's farmland surrounds the site so while he's a bit bat shit crazy he is generally protecting his livestock. Oddly though he was never like this until the business park collapsed either.

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I met Derek last year round about july, he was fine with me. I saw him in the van I walked down the lane he drove pass me I went in the building was there for a good 6 hours. The place is long gone anyways.

LittleOwl

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
To be fair there is a lot of ill feeling at Talgarth over the business park and general scams that happened when it was sold off. The guy who owned the isolation hospital at the top of the site for example though he owned the building/land. When the adminsitrators come in they found no proof it had been sold off by the business park. Derek is the guy who's farmland surrounds the site so while he's a bit bat shit crazy he is generally protecting his livestock. Oddly though he was never like this until the business park collapsed either.
That's actually very helpful, certainly explains a few things. I wonder why the business park tipped him over the edge into Terminator territory...

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
That's actually very helpful, certainly explains a few things. I wonder why the business park tipped him over the edge into Terminator territory...

Quite possible he lost out as well or maybe fact while it’s like it is he has grazing rights around it. Elwyn at Denibigh enjoyed these too so it was in his interest for it to remain forlorn

Andrew32

See a sticker, remove a sticker
28DL Full Member
Just got back from here, no sign of any mad old people! Barbed wire seems well pulled down in places around the site, plus boarding of buildings is all but given up on.

Hayley2010

28DL Member
28DL Member
visited this place today. (derek) turned up in his van less then an hour after we had arrived. he was boarding up the church so whilst he was busy we went and had a look around managed to get into it sadly unable to get into the big hall and no longer able to get into the school.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
visited this place today. (derek) turned up in his van less then an hour after we had arrived. he was boarding up the church so whilst he was busy we went and had a look around managed to get into it sadly unable to get into the big hall and no longer able to get into the school.

The School?

Rachyt

Beauty isn’t always perfection
28DL Full Member
We played hide and seek with him for over 4hrs lol apparently he has been told by police to keep away as he has no authority and by trying to chase explorers out he is also trespassing :D

Who has read this thread (Total: 453) View details