real time web analytics
Report - - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth - February 2020 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mid Wales Hospital, Talgarth - February 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

cnhughes0

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
When I first mentioned to my friends who are involved in the urban exploring community and have been for a while, most recommendations where “go to Talgarth asylum and have a look - you’ll soon know if this is for you”. Well, that’s exactly what I did... not for long, due to being stopped by the famous man in a white van and his dog, who in complete honesty spoke to me quite calmly and said I could have a look around outside (fair enough, I suppose). Working CCTV around the whole of the building and he took no time at all to drive up to the asylum after me arriving.

History
From what I’ve found out about Talgarth, it opened in 1903 and was said to of been made in a rural area to ‘keep the mentally insane out of sight’. The asylum had its own church/grave yard, boiler room, a large hall, kitchen, a bakery, a cobbler, printing press shops and a mortuary/morgue. The asylum then closed in 1999.

Last edited:

jamesm251

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been there today, main hospitals pretty locked up, beware of the arsehole in the white van, tries to intimidate you but he’s all mouth no trousers

Voltan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went there today with my daughter and other day with my lad, had no problems, but 2nd time (today) we where warned about the angry neighbour, he yelled at some walkers for being in one of the buildings was quite abusive, he's got a blue skoda mobility type vehicle and drove up and down a couple times, as I mentioned we didn't have any problems and access was easy, is very run down now and quite dangerous in places

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Went there today with my daughter and other day with my lad, had no problems, but 2nd time (today) we where warned about the angry neighbour, he yelled at some walkers for being in one of the buildings was quite abusive, he's got a blue skoda mobility type vehicle and drove up and down a couple times, as I mentioned we didn't have any problems and access was easy, is very run down now and quite dangerous in places

yep u dont want to get caught there tbh.
Not sure how old your kids are but its incredibly unstable structure to be taking kids in

Voltan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yep u dont want to get caught there tbh.
Not sure how old your kids are but its incredibly unstable structure to be taking kids in
No so I've heard, we are very cautious, I wouldn't endanger them..... Their mum would kill me , I always do a recce first to see what's doable, thank you though

Worldexplorers420

28DL Member
28DL Member
We went about a month or so ago, however didn't go into the main building.. took one look through the side access point and didnt fancy the risk it's definitely seen it's best days still a good explore though as this place is huge and there's access to most parts.. a couple of cars drove past us but neither stopped just glared at us.. There was a local guy walking his dogs on the grass around the old church but he was friendly and no bother, they don't seem to mind if they don't catch you red handed going into the buildings..
Nice pictures, they give off that eeire feeling you get when your there

Who has read this thread (Total: 358) View details