Web
Analytics
Report - - Mote Park Mine, Maidstone, Kent - July 2017 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Mote Park Mine, Maidstone, Kent - July 2017

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always wondered what it was like down there, Ive seen a few photos and old reports. But always thought it is really sketchy there. Saying that, I walked the turret wall around Cliff Fort around 40 ft up in the wind lol. Good photos and report :thumb

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always wondered what it was like down there, Ive seen a few photos and old reports. But always thought it is really sketchy there. Saying that, I walked the turret wall around Cliff Fort around 40 ft up in the wind lol. Good photos and report :thumb
I wouldn't have thought Kentish rag is very stable - it isn't a solid seam but occurs in bands from a few inches to a couple of feet thick, sandwiched with layers of a soft sandy material called hassock.

Kidney

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've not been recently to check but pretty sure it's been locked again. There's a thread somewhere that comes up on Google that gives you the TQ references.

And you are right @DaveFM . Far from stable indeed but not as bad as some may say. Just need to take it slowly.

TheCJGCJG

28DL Member
28DL Member
Checked recently (3 days ago) and the entrance is one again sealed up, with an iron door, but the iron bars seem to be gone, and it's now just a very heavy duty padlock.

Kidney

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Checked recently (3 days ago) and the entrance is one again sealed up, with an iron door, but the iron bars seem to be gone, and it's now just a very heavy duty padlock.
Yeah someone I know who works for the fire brigade said they had a call to check for people inside by the council (they refused) so obviously people weren't being that subtle about it. Doubt it will stay sealed up for long.