real time web analytics
Report - - NGTE Pyestock Anechoic Facility, Hampshire - February 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - NGTE Pyestock Anechoic Facility, Hampshire - February 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
More pics I've never bothered posting. As much as I loved visiting this place, I found it was a total cunt to shoot with those fucking horrendous lights on. Much happier with the ones I lit myself!

Visited with @Grom and prettyvacant71. Such a good day out!

Grom did an urbex poo in a bucket of sand! Woohoo! :D

History yoinked from Grom's report:

Pyestock in Brief:
The National Gas Turbine Establishment (AKA Pyestock) was a massive industrial complex and the prime site in the UK for design and development of gas turbine and jet engines. Construction starting in 1949 and the site grew as the years rolled on.
It housed the development of such engineering feats as the Conchord Engine, the Harrier and the Tornado.

The Noise Chamber
The Anechoic noise chamber was built as a way of practically testing jet engines to aid reduction in noise, as there was an increased demand for quieter aircraft.
The massive test chamber allowed for real life testing, where computer simulations where just not a viable way of modeling turbine noise.

2u9Iimwh.jpg

NNZMj1ch.jpg

us1Nc26h.jpg

oVD2lsch.jpg

gdLihceh.jpg

GFQXmYTh.jpg

ws6G7UVh.jpg

kPhL1eyh.jpg

WlAoKjDh.jpg

gmxN3Twh.jpg

3LHReUjh.jpg

Stank of poo in here:
cf2hjb6h.jpg

9d2OMg2h.jpg

And finally one with the ghastly yellow, the only one I took that I think is half decent. My camera did not like that light!

mWD0dNQh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Like this. Industrial machinery, I dont know why, but I like to view it, and shoot it. Great report, inside the chamber could you hear anything outside? This reminds me of Vickers old Rolls Royce engine site, from yrs back. I would of been all day here lol.

Brewtal

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Like this. Industrial machinery, I dont know why, but I like to view it, and shoot it. Great report, inside the chamber could you hear anything outside? This reminds me of Vickers old Rolls Royce engine site, from yrs back. I would of been all day here lol.
Thanks. I can’t really remember if I could hear anything outside. We got in at silly o’clock under the cover of darkness and left just as it was getting light, so there wouldn’t have been many people around.

Who has read this thread (Total: 172) View details