real time web analytics
Report - - Old Tanks (Scotland) | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Old Tanks (Scotland)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A friend and I had heard rumors of abanoned tanks near our town but only knew roughly where to look. After walking almost 5 miles down country lanes and through woods we eventualy found them.

I have no idea about the type of tank perhaps some one else will know?

Sadly as you cans see there has been a lot of damage done to the inside and there is an abundance of rubbish laying around the opposit end it. Also the other tanks where locked so we where unable to gain accesse to those.

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Minimalistic report but I do like this!
thanks man. Couldnt find any info on these which was kinda weird even the location was only rough directions to the middle of no where but i guess eploring is half the fun.

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
There was Tank Driving Scotland near Dundee and they have moved to near Glasgow https://tankdrivingscotland.com/ and also Galloway Tanks and Activity Centre at DG8 8HF but such venues have seen no customers since Covid outbreak . There may be others for corporate days out etc but all currently mothballed or ceased trading. Also found Tank Drive Challenge on the A84 between Doune and Callander.

Last edited:

Ordnance

Stay Safe
Staff member
The 2 outer AFV are indeed FV432 "Armoured Personnel Carriers" But the middle one is a FV434 "Carrier, Maintenance, Full Tracked" – REME Maintenance carrier with a crew of four and a hydraulically driven crane with a lifting capacity of 3,050 kg (3.00 long tons) it has an open back to load and carry a crated 'Power Pack' to field change an engine in the field.

Are these in the Dundee or Sterling areas by any chance?

Last edited:

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
The 2 outer AFV are indeed FV432 "Armoured Personnel Carriers" But the middle one is a FV434 "Carrier, Maintenance, Full Tracked" – REME Maintenance carrier with a crew of four and a hydraulically driven crane with a lifting capacity of 3,050 kg (3.00 long tons) it has an open back to load and carry a crated 'Power Pack' to field change an engine in the field.

Tank Drive Scotland have one shown in their gallery https://www.tankdrivechallenge.net/gallery/#iLightbox[gallery_image_1]/4

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Thanks for the info and nah they are just in the middle of no where at a clearing in the wood some 20-25 miles away from perth.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Very short, and lacking format, date etc , but in this great community someone always knows what make they are, where they are. So all in all, I like this. Very nice find. Would of liked a panoramic view of all the tanks, but hey, I like what I see:thumb

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was Tank Driving Scotland near Dundee and they have moved to near Glasgow https://tankdrivingscotland.com/ and also Galloway Tanks and Activity Centre at DG8 8HF but such venues have seen no customers since Covid outbreak . There may be others for corporate days out etc but all currently mothballed or ceased trading. Also found Tank Drive Challenge on the A84 between Doune and Callander.
Hmm thanks for the Info This was closer to perth and these are in no condition to dirve all of them where rusted and looked like they needed some seriouse TLC if they wanted to even start it to get it on a low loader. So I doubt they would be for something like that but who know the world is full of interesting stuff lost to the woods.

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Very short, and lacking format, date etc , but in this great community someone always knows what make they are, where they are. So all in all, I like this. Very nice find. Would of liked a panoramic view of all the tanks, but hey, I like what I see:thumb
I got some more photos I'd be hapopy to share but only picked the ones I thought looked the best. Hope this is a good enough panoramic. as for the where and when In the woods last summer. Just one of those days you decide to follow up on one of the rumors of a sick place like this. Glad we found it in the end was a good day out

Attachments

• 101010.jpg
    101010.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 12345.jpg
    12345.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 57
  • 766544.jpg
    766544.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 55

Jenga

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hmm thanks for the Info This was closer to perth and these are in no condition to dirve all of them where rusted and looked like they needed some seriouse TLC if they wanted to even start it to get it on a low loader. So I doubt they would be for something like that but who know the world is full of interesting stuff lost to the woods.

View attachment

Who has read this thread (Total: 506) View details