real time web analytics
Report - - Paintball / Airsoft arena (warwickshire / Northants border) | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Paintball / Airsoft arena (warwickshire / Northants border)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jess--

28DL Member
28DL Member
First report on here, Leisure sites seemed the best area for it despite the amount of military hardware (hope it doesnt end up in the epic fail bin)

going back to the beginning of the year I noticed the following area throught some leafless trees and decided to investigate (at the time it was less than a mile from my home)
after a wander through 3 ploughed fields I was greeted with the following view.
4127990709_dff236996a.jpg

a little closer and it is revealed that this helicopter certainly didnt land there on its own and will never take off
4127998555_3c60483d19.jpg

4128780954_d7c276965e.jpg

4127979567_1215a9b772.jpg

having had a good look at the helicopter I decided to have a good look at what else there was, at this point all I knew was that the site was an old sewage treatment works that for some reason now had a lot of military hardware on it. later research on the net revealed that it was used as a paintball, airsoft and laser tag arena on a fairly large scale.

plenty of military vehicles hiding in the long grass
4127996049_32a0e68c9e.jpg

4128792806_5122b2294d.jpg

4128794084_372423df3c.jpg

4128786478_3361bc7be6.jpg

4128017635_19312d8e4c.jpg

4128019261_2bb553ebd9.jpg

4127997415_426f837901.jpg

4128013451_956aba3914.jpg

almost as good as a Tank in a Shed we have A Tank In A Field
4128772102_3d9c9056d6.jpg

4128006561_ca4215f9fc.jpg

Loads more pics on Flickr

surprisingly several of these vehicles still have power in the batteries once the negative connection was dropped back on and I suspect that if the starter had been hit they would have run (fuel in tanks etc) I decided that trying to drive one around in broad daylight probably wasnt a good idea and just disconnected the batteries again

while this place is in the open it is surprisingly well hidden, and while I had no problems with access in broad daylight (and making no attempt to remain hidden) others may not have the same luck. my only advice is to the male members would be to mind your wedding tackle on the barbed wire fence (its at the perfect height)

if any of the more established members want more details just drop me a PM.

WarFighters UK

28DL Member
28DL Member
Jess, are you stupid? This is a commercial paintball site, not some mystery MOD site. What gives you the right to jump in an APC and meddle with our property? There were batteries in them when we drove them in. They have now been disabled.We have people contact us that we are happy to allow to view, however just walking in is totally unacceptable and very dangerous. The site now has cctv and motion sensors. We are sick of people thinking that its okay to steal bits off our vehicles. Anyone found there without consent will be prosecuted for trespass. This is a commercial site own and operated by a family, please respect that.

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
Quite like this place, good effort.
I've been tempted a couple of times but never got round to it.

Jess, are you stupid? This is a commercial paintball site, not some mystery MOD site. What gives you the right to jump in an APC and meddle with our property? There were batteries in them when we drove them in. They have now been disabled.We have people contact us that we are happy to allow to view, however just walking in is totally unacceptable and very dangerous. The site now has cctv and motion sensors. We are sick of people thinking that its okay to steal bits off our vehicles. Anyone found there without consent will be prosecuted for trespass. This is a commercial site own and operated by a family, please respect that.

Firstly, welcome to the forum :thumb
So, entering your site is illegal, but not an MOD site?
Trespass is a civil offence, provided the person hasn't stolen or damaged anything. Therefore you can't prosecute someone for trespass unless it is, indeed, a real military site, waterboard, rail network etc.
And finally, urban explorers take photos, not vandalise or steal

WarFighters UK

28DL Member
28DL Member
Quite like this place, good effort.
I've been tempted a couple of times but never got round to it.

Firstly, welcome to the forum :thumb
So, entering your site is illegal, but not an MOD site?
Trespass is a civil offence, provided the person hasn't stolen or damaged anything. Therefore you can't prosecute someone for trespass unless it is, indeed, a real military site, waterboard, rail network etc.
And finally, urban explorers take photos, not vandalise or steal

This is private property, and its a paintball ground that is active with warning signs displayed. We are open to anyone who wants to take photographs by arrangement. Downside is we are introducing a new tank combat game, so all the APC's and some of the helicopters have been sold off. There's not a lot to see anymore other than a howitzer and two old spartans.

My beef is that I'm not at all comfortable for this site to be promoting to others that you can simply walk in to an area where they could be seriously injured by projectiles. We have a duty of care to our customers and visitors, and they have a duty of care to themselves.

If anyone wants a visit then call us, we are happy to accommodate you.

But if you simply jump the fence being a smart arse and trigger our alarms you will be removed, and we will make a claim against you in the civil court.

Be nice and respect others peoples property and business and above all promote safety.

That's not asking for much is it.

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin

Only six years too late.

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User

Oh, let the abuse role in. ;)

As @KM_Punk says it is not a criminal offence, and nor is there anything wrong with the hobby (In my opinion)

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Look paintballs sting I get it and I'm sure others do but I'm sure an ant and Dec byker Grove accident ain't going to happen. We want good quiet pics not a field full of dudes firing paint off. So any pics will be of an empty place not a full on war zone. And I do paintball and that place hasn't been used in yonks by looks of it. And if it has let's just say this if you don't want it messed up don't put in plain view. And another thing if it is a live site then if someone got injured they could sue you for not taking the necessary precaution on securing the site from acsess due to being a risk of injury death or blindness. For all you know some on here might not be able to read etc and that's not a crime. And most paintball places I've been to are incredibly secure for that reason. Credit on you looking after the site but instead of kicking off just state it's live etc if it genuinely is and we get the gist. Do you think we want to see your property damaged if you do you really need to look at what we do compared to what others do. Many a time you hear of explores kicking out the vandals. But eh oh it's your choice.